Beautiful festival that takes place in Modica and Gela - ITALY.. Modica is the birthplace of Salvatore Quasimodo and the festival is dedicated to him, the Nobel Prize for poetry. The festival has reached its X edition and welcomes poets, videographers, directors, writers and any artist who deals with the theme of the Festival: Cinema and Poetry. The cinema section is for short films of videopoetry, short films of fiction, videoclips and feature films.
Section for videopoetry and videoart: BEST VIDEOPOETRY; BEST UNPUBLISHED POETRY, BEST VIDEOART;
Section for short fiction: BEST SHORT FILM, BEST DIRECTOR;
Section for videoclip: BEST VIDEOCLIP;
Section for feature film: BEST FEATURE FILM, BEST DIRECTOR; BEST ACTOR
All Sections: BEST ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK; PRIZE YOUNG.
REGULATION AND REGISTRATION FORM
“VERSI DI LUCE 2019”
1 . THEME 2019
"Versi di Luce 2019" central theme is "Poetry" (poetry as language, poetry as theme, poetry - even a specific poetry as a source of inspiration, poetry in its true-meaning.
2 . WORKS ADMITTED
The works that can partecipate to the competition:
• SECTION FOR SHORT VIDEOPOETRY AND VIDEO ART – videopoetry or video art (published or unpublished ), which have as reference to any published or unpublished piece of poetry of any author (video or still images, with sounds and words), with a maximum permitted duration of 5 minutes.
• SECTION FOR SHORT FICTION – short film (published or unpublished) on the stories and events inspired to the theme specified in the first point (THEME 2019) of this announcement, with a maximum permitted duration of 20 minutes.
• SECTION FOR THE VIDEOCLIPS – videoclip (published or unpublished ), which have as their reference songs published or unpublished, with a maximum
duration of 5 minutes.
• SECTION FOR FEATURE FILM – film (published or unpublished) on the stories and events inspired to the theme specified in the first point (THEME 2019) of this announcement.
3 . FORMAT
All entries must be sent in DVD format or contact email@example.com for other format.
4 . DEADLINE
Deadline is April 30 th, 2019.
5 . SELECTION AND FINAL EVENT
The final results of the selection will be communicated to the participants by e-mail and posted on the site: www.officinakreativa.org.
Date and time of the projections to the festival will be notified in the same way.
6 . EXCLUSION
The organization reserves the right to deny the works which don't respect the professionalism of the Festival and the works already submitted to the past editions of the Festival "Versi di Luce".
7 . CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION AND
All works must be sent no later than April 30th 2019 (the
postmark will attest it) to:
X EDIZIONE " VERSI DI LUCE 2019"
Via Vanella 101, 13
97015 Modica (RG)
The DVD OR FILES must have these attachments:
- a card with the following information: title, section (videopoetry and vide art, fiction, feature film or videoclips), duration, title of the poetry/song reference (only for section videopoetry and video art and video clips), director's name; production company (if there's any), address of the director and the production (street, city, phone, fax, phone, e-mail), a short video presentation (max. 500 characters including spaces);
- a statement, with date and signature, where the partecipant declares that:
- I have read and subscribe to the entire Regulation of "VERSI DI LUCE 2019";
- I authorize, in accordance with law 675 /96 and Leg. 196/03 on the protection of personal data, the use of personal data for any purpose connected with the Festival and the dissemination of data relating to the authors of the works to the press only for promotional purposes related to the competition ;
- I authorize the screening of the works , the diffusion (TV, on-line) of the same for the purposes promotional contest, giving up in this case to copyright;
- A self- certified statement signed by the parents regarding the granting of broadcasting rights for minors who may appear in the video.
Preprinted forms of attachments can be downloaded from www.officinakreativa.org .
WARNING: THE WORKS SENT WITH NO ATTACHMENTS WON'T BE CONSIDERED.
The shipping costs will be at the expense of the participant. There is not any reimbursement of travel for participants for day of screening.
The copies sent to participation in the contest will not be returned and will become part of the archive video of the "VERSI DI LUCE 2019" hosted by CINETECA MODICANA.
8 . LIABILITY
"CINECLUB 262 decline any liability for loss or damage of the material submitted.The organization decline, in addition, any liability in relation to any theft or loss of the works in their offices. It is the responsibility of the authors, if they use text, music and images covered by copyright for their video footage to obtain the release. "CINECLUB 262", decline any responsibility.The authors assume full responsibility for the material shot and edited (audio and video) for the realization of works and for the truthfulness of the statements.
9 . CHANGES TO THE REGULATION
The Festival reserves the possibility of change this regulation for reasons of force majeure or for the improvement of the same, any changes will be promptly communicated to participants.
10 . ACCEPTANCE OF RULES
Participation in the competition implies full acceptance of these rules.
11 . AWARDS
Will be awarded the following prizes:
Section for videopoetry and videoart: BEST VIDEOPOETRY; BEST VIDEOART;
Section for short fiction: BEST ITALIAN SHORT FILM, BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM;
Section for videoclip: BEST VIDEOCLIP;
Section for feature film: BEST FEATURE FILM.