Here at the Vaughan International Film Festival, we are a not-for-profit dedicated to celebrating, showcasing, and supporting local and international artists in filmmaking. Our flagship initiative is a 5-day festival event that delights audiences with a selection of short films in a variety of genres. Now in its 8th edition, the festival offers an ideal platform for independent creators to put forth their work. Between the festival week, promotional events, and unique screenings, your film has the potential of reaching an audience of over 17,000 people!
For our founders Antonio Ienco and Mark Pagliaroli, the aim is to change the festival experience for both the filmmaker and film enthusiast. We want to encourage like-minded professionals to invest in the next wave of creators, and we do so by bringing together industry, community, and education. Through film screenings, social events, as well as scholarships and bursaries granted to young filmmakers, art students, and educational institutions, we remain true to our vision of satisfying and growing the cultural appetite of our city.
People's Choice Award
**Please note that asking submission fees to be waived will not be considered**
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Films must not exceed 20 minutes.
• Films submitted must be produced after January 1, 2019
• The use of original music or royalty-free music is strongly recommended but not mandatory for Festival submissions. Please ensure that you have all necessary releases on file, including actors’ releases.
• Processing fees are non-refundable.
• Applicant hereby grants Vaughan Film Festival the rights to use all or part(s) of the film for promotional purposes; to use stills, biographical material, names and likeness from the film for promotional purposes and in Festival program and merchandise, to provide copies of the film for journalists to review, to show the film at press screenings and to exhibit the film during the Festival and at any time before and after the Festival.
• Vaughan Film Festival will use its best efforts to ensure the correct title and credits are listed in the Festival program, but shall not be held liable for inadvertent errors or omissions.
• Festival programmers and judges shall determine selections and award winners at their sole discretion.
• Vaughan Film Festival reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically provided for in the Terms and Conditions.
• Vaughan Film Festival reserves the rights to adjust dates and times of film screenings without notice. Vaughan Film Festival shall not be responsible for delays or cancellations due to equipment failure, shipping delays, or the condition of the films delivered.
• Vaughan Film Festival reserves the rights to use accepted films and footage for promotional use and/or screenings outside the main festival dates.
The person submitting the enclosed film to the Festival confirms that he/she holds all necessary rights for the submission and has the legal authority to grant such rights to Vaughan Film Festival hereunder and that he/she has read and understands and agrees with the Festival Terms and Conditions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, submission of a film constitutes the agreement with the Festival Terms and Conditions.
In consideration of my application to the Vaughan Film Festival, I for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby waive and forever discharge Vaughan Film Festival and all affiliated companies, any related companies, their officers, directors and employees, Festival sponsors and suppliers, Festival sanctioning bodies and elected or appointed officials, all of their successors and assigns, of and from all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of actions whether in law or equity, in respect of loss or damage to my person or property howsoever caused, arising or said to arise by reason of my participation in the said event. I further hereby undertake to hold and save harmless and agree to indemnify all of the aforesaid from and against any and all liability incurred by any or all of them arising as a result of, or in any way connected with my participation in the said event.
BY SUBMITTING MY FILM, I ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE WAIVER, RELEASE, AND INDEMNITY.