The Vaughan International Film Festival, based in a neighbouring city of Toronto, is a not-for-profit organization highly invested in securing the future of the short film industry. Through public film screenings, scholarship opportunities as well as engaging and informative panels, webinars and industry events, VFF strives to support both experienced and aspiring filmmakers.
Now in its 10th edition, the festival continues to offer a platform for independent creators to share their films and further excel within the industry. Between the festival week, promotional events and unique screenings, filmmakers have the opportunity to reach an audience of over 19,000 people. Submit your film today!
MISSION: VFF strives to celebrate, showcase, and support independent filmmakers through public film screenings, scholarship opportunities as well as engaging and informative panels, webinars and industry events.
VISION: To secure the future of the independent film industry, where everyone around the world can collectively experience the emotional resonance of short films.
**Please note that asking submission fees to be waived will not be considered**
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Films must not exceed 20 minutes.
• Films submitted must be produced after January 1, 2020
• The use of original music or royalty-free music is strongly recommended but not mandatory for Festival submissions. Please ensure that you have all necessary releases on file, including actors’ releases.
• Processing fees are non-refundable.
• Applicant hereby grants Vaughan Film Festival the rights to use all or part(s) of the film for promotional purposes; to use stills, biographical material, names and likeness from the film for promotional purposes and in Festival program and merchandise, to provide copies of the film for journalists to review, to show the film at press screenings and to exhibit the film during the Festival and at any time before and after the Festival.
• Vaughan International Film Festival will use its best efforts to ensure the correct title and credits are listed in the Festival program, but shall not be held liable for inadvertent errors or omissions.
• Festival programmers and judges shall determine selections and award winners at their sole discretion.
• Vaughan Film Festival reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically provided for in the Terms and Conditions.
• Vaughan International Film Festival reserves the rights to adjust dates and times of film screenings without notice. Vaughan International Film Festival shall not be responsible for delays or cancellations due to equipment failure, shipping delays, or the condition of the films delivered.
• Vaughan International Film Festival reserves the rights to use accepted films and footage for promotional use and/or screenings outside the main festival dates.
The person submitting the enclosed film to the Festival confirms that he/she holds all necessary rights for the submission and has the legal authority to grant such rights to Vaughan International Film Festival hereunder and that he/she has read and understands and agrees with the Festival Terms and Conditions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, submission of a film constitutes the agreement with the Festival Terms and Conditions.
In consideration of my application to the Vaughan International Film Festival, I for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby waive and forever discharge Vaughan International Film Festival and all affiliated companies, any related companies, their officers, directors and employees, Festival sponsors and suppliers, Festival sanctioning bodies and elected or appointed officials, all of their successors and assigns, of and from all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of actions whether in law or equity, in respect of loss or damage to my person or property howsoever caused, arising or said to arise by reason of my participation in the said event. I further hereby undertake to hold and save harmless and agree to indemnify all of the aforesaid from and against any and all liability incurred by any or all of them arising as a result of, or in any way connected with my participation in the said event.
BY SUBMITTING MY FILM, I ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE WAIVER, RELEASE, AND INDEMNITY.