VENEZIA SHORTS is an exclusive short film competition with public screenings , and an Annual Cash Prize of USD 3500 for the Best Short of the Year.
We are happy to welcome filmmakers from all over the world and short films of all genres.
Our main goal is to showcase their brilliant projects in the beautiful city of Venezia for a diverse audience of cinephiles. We will promote, feature and screen all Award-Winning Short Films in a public event that will be held free of charge, enhancing the opportunity for networking with directors, cast, crew and people from the industry.
Additionally, we will hold online sessions consisting of Q&As with directors, cast and/or crew as well as interviews with filmmakers that will be published on our social media and on the NEWS section of this website.
It is a world-class event committed to present the best of this beautiful art called ‘Cinema’ and dedicated to all generations of filmmakers. A team of professional screeners will evaluate all the submitted short films. All the highest scored films will be selected for the official competition and will be reviewed by at least three judges who will decide the best of each season.
All the Winners will receive the Official Laurels and the winning-category certificate. Once a year, the Best Short of the Year will be announced and will receive a USD 3500 cash prize.
Once a year, the Best Short of the Year will be announced and will receive a USD 3500 cash prize.
To keep the Awards fair and transparent, we invite independent judges from all around the world who enjoy the experience and assess each category.
Each short film will be reviewed at least for three judges after the film is scored by our screening team. Our judges team includes artists from the United States, Canada, Austria, Spain, Argentina, Sweden and France.
VENEZIA SHORTS CATEGORIES
Submit your film in one or more of the following categories.
ALL FILMS SUBMITTED IN LEADING CATEGORIES WILL QUALIFY FOR THE ANNUAL CASH PRIZE OF USD 3500
Your film will be considered in all the submitted categories.
FIRST TIME FILMMAKER SHORT
TECHNICAL AND PERFORMANCE CATEGORIES
FIRST TIME DIRECTOR
RULES AND TERMS
- In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
- The VENEZIA SHORTS relationship will exclusively be related to the film submitter.
- Any Foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- VENEZIA SHORTS will not be responsible for damaged copies.
- Students must present a valid Student ID in order to receive our student discount.
- Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
- VENEZIA SHORTS can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate. If you have any question regarding this decision you might contact us at our email address email@example.com
- Filmmakers can submit the film in multiple categories in order to become a multi-award film. Still, the decision about the selection is strictly determined by our judges' team and no selection is guaranteed.
- The applicants (submitters) must accept VENEZIA SHORTS Rules and Terms.
- All submissions in personal categories required the name of the person and the category. You can easily send us this information in the cover letter at FilmFreeway website.
- Submitting your movie, you authorize VENEZIA SHORTS to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills in our social media.
- Maximum length allowed is 40 minutes.
-We do not require premiere status.
-The annual prize of usd 3500 will be given once a year to the best film of the year.