Under The Stars International Film Festival is an international event. We accept local, national and international films. Film industry specialists watch films and videos and give notes and scores. Once a year we screen selected work at the live event in Bari.
In February we'll notify the movies that will be screened during our live event!
The winners, for each category, will be rewarded.
Our jury will select the winners of each main category:
Best Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Feature Film
Best Student Short Film/Documentary
Our jury also will select the winners of each additional category!
- NOT SELECTED: It means that your work hasn't been selected for the current edition of the festival.
- FINALIST: You are a Finalist for one or more categories. You'll receive the Finalist Laurel for your Category. Your project could be selected to be screened at our live event!
- AWARD WINNER: The winner will be choosen among the Finalists. It means that your work wins one or more categories. Congrats! You're our winner. You'll receive the Winner laurel or trophy!!!
Winners of the year will receive a Golden Plaque/Trophy.
If you can't attend the live event we can send you the Trophy and only the postal fees are on your charge.
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
3 Winners of the Under the Stars International Film Festival will receive a 4-month InkTip Pro Membership. As an InkTip Pro Member, thousands of filmmakers can find and read your scripts, and you'll be able to pitch directly to production companies every week. With over 3,000 options and 400 movies made, InkTip is the place for independent film.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 393 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
1. Only work created after 2018 is acceptable.
2. No religious, political, porn films.
3. All entries should be sent via FilmFreeway. Please don't send discs (CDs, DVDs, BluRays) or any downloadable files to us directly, such as high-resolution posters or other digital media.
4. We do not accept "work in progress" versions. Make sure your work is finished.
5. By submitting to the festival you confirm that you own the rights to the work submitted.
6. Films in languages other than English or Italian will only be accepted with English subtitles.
7. You can add an "Additional Category" only after having choose a "Main Category" (like Best Short - Best Feature Film - Best Short Documentary - Best Student Short) first.
8. No short film longer than 45 minutes.
9. For feature film: All films over 45 minutes are welcome to submit.
10. No Premiere status is required.
11. Under The Stars International Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES
All submissions will be viewed in their entirety. Submissions will be judged and scored based on criteria including: quality of screenplay, acting, production quality, originality, technical proficiency, cinematography, sound design, editing and set design. We support indie filmmaking and will award additional points to shorts produced on a micro budget and/or minimal crew.
The directors of submitted films that are accepted will be notified via e-mail.
We work hard to keep our submission fees as low as possible – consequently we cannot provide fee waivers.