Under The Stars International Film Festival is an international event. We accept local, national and international films. Film industry specialists watch films and videos and give notes and scores. Once a year we screen selected work at the live event at Cineporto di Bari.
Each 2 months, the submitted short movie are privately screened and judged by a team of experts. The short movies (bi-monthly) finalists are automatically qualified to compete and be screened at annual event.
Notification days for bi-monthly edition:
De Niro Deadline: April 5.
Brando Deadline: June 5.
Hanks Deadline: August 5.
Connery Deadline: October 5.
DiCaprio Deadline: Dicember 5.
On Dicember 16th we'll notify the movies that will be screened during our live event!
During our live event at Cineporto di Bari, we'll screen:
- Best Short Movie De Niro Edition
- Best Short Movie Brando Edition
- Best Short Movie Hanks Edition
- Best Short Movie Connery Edition
- Best Short Movie DiCaprio Edition
- Best Feature Film (selected among all the finalists of the category)
- Best Student Short (selected among all the finalists of the category)
- Best Short Documentary (selected among all the finalists of the category)
- Other selected projects
The winners, for each category, will be rewarded.
Our jury will select the winners of each category:
Best Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Feature Film
Best Student Short Film/Documentary
Each two months among the FINALIST movies we could reward also these following categories:
Best Leading Actor
Best Leading Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Acting Ensemble
Best Horror movie
Best Thriller movie
Best Action movie
Best Fantasy Sci-Fi
Best Italian movie
Best Animation movie
Best LGBTQ movie
Best TV Pilot
- NOT SELECTED: It means that your work hasn't been selected for the current edition of the festival.
- SEMI-FINALIST: This is the first step. If you are a Semi-Finalist you'll receive a Semi-Finalist Laurel and you'll compete to became a Finalist.
- FINALIST: You are a bi-monthly Finalist for one or more categories and you have been choosen among the Semi-Finalist. You'll receive the Finalist Laurel for your Category. Your project could be selected to be screened at our live event!
- AWARD WINNER: The winner will be choosen among the bi-monthly Finalists (De Niro, Brando, Hanks, Connery, DiCaprio) It means that your work wins one or more categories. Congrats! You're our winner. You'll receive the Winner laurel and the trophy!!!
Winners of the year will receive a Golden Plaque/Trophy.
If you can't attend the live event we can send you the Golden Plaque/Trophy and only the postal fees are on your charge.
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
3 Winners of the Under the Stars International Film Festival will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 393 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
1. Only work created after 2016 is acceptable.
2. No religious, political, porn films.
3. All entries should be sent via FilmFreeway. Please don't send discs (CDs, DVDs, BluRays) or any downloadable files to us directly, such as high-resolution posters or other digital media.
4. We do not accept "work in progress" versions. Make sure your work is finished.
5. By submitting to the festival you confirm that you own the rights to the work submitted.
6. Films in languages other than English or Italian will only be accepted with English subtitles.
7. You can add an "Additional Category" only after having choose a "Main Category" (like Best Short - Best Feature Film - Best Short Documentary - Best Student Short) first.
8. No short film longer than 45 minutes.
9. For feature film: All films over 45 minutes are welcome to submit.
10. No Premiere status is required.
11. Under The Stars International Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES
All submissions will be viewed in their entirety. Submissions will be judged and scored based on criteria including: quality of screenplay, acting, production quality, originality, technical proficiency, cinematography, sound design, editing and set design. We support indie filmmaking and will award additional points to shorts produced on a micro budget and/or minimal crew. All bi-monthly winners will compete at Under The Stars annual event. The Jury will choose annual winners from bi-monthly awarded films.
The directors of submitted films that are accepted will be notified via e-mail.
We work hard to keep our submission fees as low as possible – consequently we cannot provide fee waivers.