Under The Stars International Film Festival is an international event. We accept local, national and international films. Film industry specialists watch films and videos and give notes and scores. Once a year we screen selected work at the live event at Piccolo Teatro Di Bari "Eugenio D'Attoma".
Each 2 months, the submitted short movie are privately screened and judged by a team of experts. The short movies (bi-monthly) winners are automatically qualified to compete and be screened at annual event.
Notification days for bi-monthly edition:
Fellini Deadline: May 18.
Spielberg Deadline: July 18.
Kubrick Deadline: September 18.
Scorsese Deadline: November 18.
Scott Deadline: January 16.
On January 17 we'll notify the winners for all the categories (except "Best Short Film" which will be notify during the live event).
During the night of our live event at Piccolo Teatro di Bari "Eugenio D'Attoma", we'll screen:
- Best Short Movie Fellini Edition
- Best Short Movie Spielberg Edition
- Best Short Movie Kubrick Edition
- Best Short Movie Scorsese Edition
- Best Short Movie Scott Edition
- Best Feature Film (selected among all the winners of the category)
- Best Student Short (selected among all the winners of the category)
- Best Short Documentary (selected among all the winners of the category)
- Other selected projects
The winners, for each category, will be rewarded.
Our jury will select the winners of each category:
Best Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Feature Film
Best Student Short Film/Documentary
Each two months among the FINALIST movies we could reward also these following categories:
Best Leading Actor
Best Leading Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Horror movie
Best Thriller movie
Best Romantic Comedy
Best Action movie
Best Fantasy Sci-Fi
Best Italian movie
Best Animation movie
Best LGBT movie
- NOT SELECTED: It means that your work hasn't been selected for the current edition of the festival.
- SELECTED: It means that although your work has not been selected for the main competition, our selection committee likes it and they decided to give you the Official Selection Laurel. This is the final result for your project.
- FINALIST: It means that although your work has been selected, the festival can't show your film at its venue. However you are a bi-monthly winner for one or more additional categories (i.e.Best Director/Actor/Action movie etc.) and you'll receive the Official Selection Laurel and the Winner Laurel for your additional Category.
- AWARD WINNER: It means that your work has been selected for the main competition and you've been nominated for the award in a category. Congrats! You're our bi-monthly winner. You'll receive the Winner laurel and your movie could win the main competition!!!
All Bi-monthly Winners receive 2 tickets for our annual event (only for "Best short movie").
All the other Winners receive 2 tickets for our annual event (notification January 17).
Winners of the year will receive a Golden Plaque/Trophy.
If you can't attend the live event we can send you the Golden Plaque/Trophy and only the postal fees are on your charge.
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
3 Winners of the Under the Stars International Film Festival will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 393 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
1. Only work created after 2015 is acceptable.
2. No religious, political, porn films.
3. All entries should be sent via FilmFreeway. Please don't send discs (CDs, DVDs, BluRays) or any downloadable files to us directly, such as high-resolution posters or other digital media.
4. We do not accept "work in progress" versions. Make sure your work is finished.
5. By submitting to the festival you confirm that you own the rights to the work submitted.
6. Films in languages other than English will only be accepted with English subtitles.
7. No short film longer than 45 minutes.
8. For feature film: All films over 45 minutes are welcome to submit.
9. No Premiere status is required.
10. Under The Stars International Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES
All submissions will be viewed in their entirety. Submissions will be judged and scored based on criteria including: quality of screenplay, acting, production quality, originality, technical proficiency, cinematography, sound design, editing and set design. We support indie filmmaking and will award additional points to shorts produced on a micro budget and/or minimal crew. All bi-monthly winners will compete at Under The Stars annual event. The Jury will choose annual winners from bi-monthly awarded films.
The directors of submitted films that are accepted will be notified via e-mail.
We work hard to keep our submission fees as low as possible – consequently we cannot provide fee waivers.