Two Roads Brewing Company is hosting a short horror film competition that showcases our spooky good rum-barrel aged pumpkin beer, Roadsmary’s Baby! Here is your chance to submit a short, independent horror film that features egregiously gratuitous product placement of Roadsmary’s Baby and other Two Roads items in your own film.
On Friday October 21st, 2022 there will be a screening party at Two Roads Brewery to showcase all films submitted starting at 5:00 PM. All filmmakers will receive 4 ticket to the screening party at no charge. The screening event will be open to the public for $15.00 per person, https://events.beerfests.com/e/horrorfilmcomp2022-2/tickets?utm_source=affiliate&utm_name=Website&utm_id=62d9d64478404eb8891925470ad1e06c
The first, second and third place winners will be announced and awarded during the Screening Party!
All films will be shown at the screening party and awards night on Friday October 21st, 2022 beginning at 6:00 PM (doors open at 5:00 PM). Each filmmaker will collect their prizes during the awards ceremony at the Screening Party as well.
The first, second and third place filmmakers will receive 4 tickets to attend the Pumpkin Festival the following day (1 ticket for themselves + 3 tickets for guests). Prizes below:
1st Prize: $500 Cash + Two Roads Swag Bag
2nd Prize: $250 Cash + Two Roads Swag Bag
3rd Prize: Two Roads Swag Bag (valued @ $100)
All film submissions must be completed films with a run-time between 4 -7 minutes. Two Roads will not consider unfinished submissions for public viewing. There is no limit to the number of submissions. Films can be up to R rated and absolutely NO full frontal nudity!
-- Two Roads will not consider any submissions that include depictions of sexual violence, excessive alcohol consumption, underage drinking, driving under the influence or depict Two Roads in a negative way.
Props & Other Film Content:
All filmmakers will need to include the following in the film:
- Two Roads Headband
- Two Roads Medal
- Two Roads Sticker
- Roadsmary's Baby bottle or can
All items must be used in each film and seen on screen at least once.
**All Roadsmary's Baby beer must be purchased at your local retailer. Please feel free to email Events@tworoadsbrewing.com for locations to purchase beer
** All other mandatory Two Roads Items will be mailed to you. Please email Events@tworoadsbrewing.com with your mailing address.
The line “Road Less Traveled” must be included in the script at least once in the short film in any context. Examples: “Here's to Taking the Road Less Traveled”, “I took the road less traveled”, “He/She/They decided to take the road less traveled”.
All films submitted MUST include the following statement at the beginning of their film: “The following film does not reflect the opinions or views of Two Roads Brewing Company”
Submissions open: Wednesday July 27th, 2022
Submissions Close: Monday October 10th, 2022
Judging: All films will be viewed by a panel of judges and rated based on artistic techniques in the film, creativity, technical skills and adherence to the rules of the competition.
Judging process: Judges will view all films completely and rate. Ratings will be pooled to declare a first, second and third place winner.
Judges: More details to come! Stay Tuned!
Terms and Conditions:
- All applicants must be 21+
- Two Roads is not liable for anything that happens during the creation of any submitted content and all prizes are non-negotiable.
- All films must begin with the following statement: “The following film does not reflect the opinions or views of Two Roads Brewing Company”
- Ownership: Two Roads reserves the right to use submitted content for on-going promotions.
- Submissions can be shown at other locations and entered to other contests as long as they abide the definitions and guidelines set forth by Two Roads for this particular contest.
- Two Roads reserves the right not to screen any movie for violation of these terms and conditions or for any reason TRB deems necessary.
- Filmmakers are responsible for getting proper permissions for any third party branding, on-camera appearances, etc. TRB will not be held responsible if Filmmaker fails to get stated permissions.