Mississippi High School Competition open to Mississippi High School Students only.
Mississippi High School Student (Mississippi entries only) Deadline for submissions is February 28, 2021
2020 submissions will be viewed and awarded in 2021 if pandemic allows us to hold the festival.
MISSISSIPPI HIGH SCHOOL FILM COMPETITION
Monetary awards are split equally between the Mississippi High School filmmaker and the school sponsor. ($1,400 in cash prize and awards!)
1st Place $500 ($250 & Trophy for filmmaker/$250 for school)
2nd Place $300 ($150 & Trophy for filmmaker/$150 for school)
3rd Place $100 ($50 & Trophy for filmmaker/$50 for school)
Audience Award $300 (Trophy & Cash Award for filmmaker)
Best Cinematography $200 (Trophy & Cash Award for filmmaker; Sponsored by the Ole Miss Film Program
Submissions Guidelines for Mississippi High School Film
1. Students must be enrolled in a Mississippi High School.
2. Film entries must not exceed 10 minutes running time including credits.
3. Film entries must have been produced in the last two years (no earlier than January 31, 2018).
4. Film entries must be in English or have English subtitles.
5. It is permissible for film entries to have entered or won other contests.
6. Film entries should have minimal profanity and violence.
7. All film entries will be judged on performances, production value and originality. Entries will be reviewed by members of the Tupelo Film Festival Society. Entries selected will be judged by an independent panel of judges. The decisions of the judges are final, and any winning entry found to have violated the rules and regulations will have to forfeit.
8. The entry fee is $10 per film. Film entries must be submitted through www.filmfreeway.com and the deadline for entry is January 31, 2020.
9. Students must e-mail an entry form to email@example.com by February 15, 2020. Forms must name the sponsoring faculty member. Entry form is available on our website at (http://www.tupelofilmfestival.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/2019-2020-HSentry.pdf).
10. Students must email a still (photo) of the film to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2020.
11. Film entries should include the entry title and name of the student on all materials. If selected the student will be notified by email on or before March 1, 2020.
12. There is a limit of two (2) entries per student, each with a separate application and submission on www.filmfreeway.com.
Indemnification & Rights:
The Tupelo Film Festival Society reserves the right to refuse or reject any material deemed inappropriate for festival screening. The Tupelo Film Festival Society, The Elvis Presley Birthplace are not responsible for lost or damaged entries. Submission of an entry is an acknowledgment that the filmmaker and sponsor have obtained any necessary clearances, licenses, approvals, etc. and gives broadcast rights permission in regard to all audio and visual elements, including any non-original aspects of the production. The Tupelo Film Festival Society retains the non-exclusive, uncompensated right to use the film, in excerpts, or its entirety, for exhibition, promotion or any other purpose.
Questions? Please email Morgan Cuttirini at email@example.com