Trinity Film Festival (TFF) is a platform for collegiate filmmakers to exhibit their work to the widest possible audience of peers, professionals, and local audiences.
Undergraduate students from all around the world submit films to TFF in the hope of being awarded the opportunity to visit Cinestudio Theater in Hartford, CT and present their films to a packed audience in a venue without peer.
Due to restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the tenth annual Trinity Film Festival may be a hybrid experience in May 2021, with components held virtually at www.trinfilmfestival.org. Though the intimate connections the festival provides filmmakers and theatergoers will be altered, this year's festival will reach a wide audience in celebration of our tenth year.
Entrants must be enrolled as undergraduates at an accredited college or university prior to and throughout Trinity Film Festival, and must comply with all Entry Rules & Regulations.
Films of any genre will be accepted, but all films must be no longer than ten (10) minutes in length.
Cash awards will be given to at least the top three films, as judged by the TFF panel of film professionals. All will be welcome to vote for the Audience Choice winner.
Cash prizes will be awarded, in addition to in-kind services, products, and other awards. Unless otherwise approved by the Festival in writing, awards will be given to the winning film directors on behalf of the film and will be fulfilled approximately three (3) weeks after the closing date of TFF. Award eligibility is subject to any restrictions or conditions imposed by applicable laws and regulations (international, federal, state or otherwise), and the award recipient is responsible for all applicable taxes, customs, tariffs, insurance and similar charges or costs (if any). 2021 Awards listed are subject to change.
- Past Awards -
First Place Best Picture
Second Place Best Picture
Third Place Best Picture
Applicants must be enrolled as an undergraduate at an accredited college or university through Trinity Film Festival (May 2021).
Films may be of any genre but must be no longer than ten (10) minutes in length.
Any film made since July 1, 2019 is eligible as long as the student is still enrolled at an accredited college or university during the festival.
Submissions may not be in work-in-progress form.
Eligibility: Please review the following conditions for eligibility:
1. Entrants must be enrolled as an undergraduate at an accredited college or university prior to and throughout Trinity Film Festival, and must fully comply with all Entry Rules & Regulations.
2. Submitted films must be no longer than ten (10) minutes in length.
3. Non-English dialogue works must have English subtitles.
4. Films screened, broadcasted, distributed or exhibited for public audiences on any Theatrical, DVD, or Television platform inside the United States before Jul 1, 2019 are INELIGIBLE for submission. Films privately screened for family, cast, students/faculty, or for critical feedback are ELIGIBLE for submission. Films “released” on any password protected web-based platform, such as Vimeo, are also ELIGIBLE for submission. Please write to email@example.com for any questions regarding eligibility.
How to Enter: Entrants will have successfully submitted to Trinity Film Festival by completing the two-step process below:
1. TFF is accepting submissions online through FilmFreeway. If digital entry is not possible, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to make your submission possible.
2. Student ID or equivalent proof of undergraduate enrollment must be digitally scanned and emailed, along with all necessary contact info, to email@example.com at the time of submission.
Entrants may email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if their submission has been successfully received, but submission status will also be updated on FilmFreeway. Properly completing the process through FilmFreeway will constitute an official TFF Entry Form. Any materials received through the mail will not be returned and will be archived or discarded by the Festival.
Multiple Entries: Multiple entries are accepted, but each entered film must be submitted through FilmFreeway separately.
If Your Work is Selected for the Festival: If your work is selected, you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
1. You must execute a release agreement wherein you:
I. Accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at TFF.
II. Guarantee you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at TFF.
III. Indemnify and hold harmless TFF, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at TFF.
2. You must deliver to the address(es) designated by the Festival:
I. One exhibition copy of the invited work.
II. Any additional exhibition or DVD copies if requested by the Festival. These conditions will be expressly and specifically addressed to you if your film is chosen for the Festival.
**All exhibition copies should be uploaded and delivered in Quicktime 1080p format.
Trinity Film Festival Shipping Address: All mail must be sent prepaid (including any applicable customs fees) to: Trinity Film Festival Trinity College, Box 702574 300 Summit St. Hartford, CT 06106
Any materials received through mail will not be returned and will be archived or discarded by the Festival.