The Transfluential Film Festival places the journeys and stories of trans communities into the spotlight. We welcome full-length and short-length submissions (documentary and narrative) that address issues related to trans identities. Selected films are screened in a 161-seat Hoover-Leppen Theater inside Center on Halsted - Chicago's LGBTQ Community Center located in the heart of the prideful Lakeview neighborhood.
Admission to the Festival is free and open to the public and is created with the intent of building community, heightening transfluency, and offering a platform to celebrate trans artists and trans representation in film.
The Festival's main goal is to raise transfluency and encourage community connectivity. No awards or prizes will be given.
1. Submitted films are encouraged to be either feature length (60-120 minutes) or short-length (under 30 minutes) in order to best accommodate our screening schedule.
2. International films are welcome but must be accessible to English-speaking audience (i.e. foreign language films must have subtitles).
2. By submitting your film, you are providing permission to Center on Halsted to screen said film on one of the Festival dates between Monday, November 14, 2017 and Friday, November 18, 2017 (should said film be selected into the Festival lineup).
3. By submitting a film to the TRANSfluential Film Festival, you agree to allow highlights, excerpts, and/or still images of your film to be used by Center on Halsted throughout promotion of the Festival.
4. There is no limit to the number of entrees each participant may submit. There is no entry fee required.
6. All films must be submitted via FilmFreeway as an online screener (Vimeo password protected link is recommended).
7. The selected works will be exhibited digitally.
8. Filmmakers must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist on the film.