Indie Night focuses on amplifying new voices, celebrating hidden gems by putting together lines up that inspire our Audiences and Creative Communities alike. We do not require the premier status of any kind. We also encourage “older” short films to submit.
This event's theme: "WHERE AER YOU FROM" exploring the themes of displacement, Third Culture Kids, Cross Culture Kids, Migrants and anything who feel like the questions "so where you do you come from" is always too complicated to explain.
Indie Night's mandate is "nothing about us without us". Toronto Indie Night is dedicated to creating a platform, showcasing diverse stories that properly reflect the world we live in. We strive to have equality at all our events.
Waivers are available. Please contact us at TOindienight@gmail.com and let us know a bit about your project, and how your team and/or stories align with our mandate and Theme.
This festival is open to anyone, however, priority will be given to local filmmakers (we welcome you to define your scenes local).
We look forward to hearing from you
There are none.
Indie Night is a showcase and not an award ceremony. We encourage all content creators and storytellers to submit all forms of content (not just narrative short films). Due to the eclectic variety of content we often screen, we do not have awards. This industry is competitive enough.
- Must be submitted by Key creative who is 18 or older. (Should another member of the cast/crew wish to submit, please include a letter of approval from whoever owns the content.)
- Content must be around the PG13 rating (this is a family event)
- It should be under 15 minutes.
- We do not have a cut off date for when the film has to be made. Please consider submitting older content that might otherwise go unseen.
- This Festival will be happening digitally.
- We will not screen anything that is explorative or negatively impacts marginalized communities.
- Priority will be given to local filmmakers.
- By submitting, you grant Toronto Indie Night and Shannon T. McNally permission to screen the film and use any posters/stills for promotional purposes.