We at Thinking Hat Fiction challenge believe in the power of creativity, scope of imagination and beauty of the art of storytelling. We strive to provide a creative space to filmmakers from all walks of life across the continents.
Being film lovers ourselves, we strongly believe in creating an environment where filmmakers and other creative crew members can participate in a wholesome exchange of ideas, thoughts and share their knowledge and experience with one another through debates, discussions and workshops.
Thinking Hat Fiction Challenge has quarterly physical screening in several districts of West Bengal, India including the metropolitan city, Kolkata and is free for all to attend.
We charge a submission fee to run the cost of screening such as venue charges, designing and printing marketing collateral, and several other administrative overheads.
Thinking Hat Fiction Challenge Award Categories
Thinking Hat Best Short Film – Social
Thinking Hat Best Short Film – Fictional
Thinking Hat Best Short Film – LGBTQ
Thinking Hat Best Short Film – Comedy
Thinking Hat Best Short Film - Animation
Thinking Hat Best Short Of The Edition
Thinking Hat Best Plot
Thinking Hat Best Background Music
Thinking Hat Best Cinematographer
Thinking Hat Best Director
Thinking Hat Best Short Film – Mystery
Thinking Hat Best Short Film – Drama
Thinking Hat Best Feature Film Of The Edition
Thinking Hat Best LGBTQ Feature Film
Thinking Hat Best Fantasy/SciFi Feature Film
Thinking Hat Best Social Feature Film
Thinking Hat Best Romantic Feature Film
Thinking Hat Best Comedy Feature Film
Special Mention in social media
Trophies (courier charges to be Bourne by the winner participant)
Thinking Hat Fiction Challenge Submission Guidelines & Rules
1. Fiction films of any length/type can be submitted.
2. It is mandatory for the submitted work to have subtitles in English
3. Film submitters warrant that the film’s content is original by submitting it. In case of any infringement, the team of Thinking Hat Fiction Challenge is not to be held responsible.
4. We accept submission through FilmFreeWay only.
5. All submitters shall be informed if their film is selected and subsequently other necessary and relevant communications shall follow.
6. All finalists, official selections, winners shall be notified and sent an award certificate along with laurel via email.
7. If in case any of the participant is keen to receive any physical copy of the certificate and or award, they shall have to bear the courier expenditure.
8. All finalists, official selections and winners shall be declared on the day of the event.
9. The social media channels shall be updated with the finalist, official selections and winners’ information within 3 days of the event.
10. By submitting the submitter gives Thinking Hat Fiction Challenge team the right to use 10 – 15 seconds of their work as a promotional teaser.
11. There is no refund of the fees if the submitter wishes to withdraw their submission at any point of time after they have submitted.
12. The decision of the Thinking Hat Fiction Challenge team is final with respect to the selection/rejection of the films. No request for review of decision shall be entertained.
13. The team of Thinking Hat Fiction Challenge reserves the right to cancel and re-schedule the event date(s) if there is an unforeseen and unavoidable situation.
14. Any decision of the festival’s management team is final and cannot be negotiated with.