Welcome to The Ring of Fire International Film Festival! We are excited to share with you our festival's history and what we offer to filmmakers like you.
Our festival was born in 2013 with the goal of promoting local and national artists. In our early years, we projected 31 to 41 works in each edition. In 2022, we return with a totally different concept: we are now an international festival with the addition of international producers, directors, and distributors.
Here's what we offer to our filmmakers:
1. Big Event: We move to one of the most important cinemas in Barcelona with rooms of +500 spectators to give independent filmmakers like you the exposure you need. We have agreements with institutes, film schools, and cinema clubs to fill +90% of all the projections we do. If no one sees your project, you don't exist.
2. The Artist is the Star: We believe that festivals should get more involved with filmmakers, both in screenings and in social media promotion. Our number one goal is to help you in any way we can.
3. Networking: Our team consists of many film producers and people with many connections within the film industry. We will work to help you connect with the film industry.
4. Ultra Low Fees: More than 50% of the registration fee is paid by us or our sponsors. We live in difficult times, and it is our way of helping you to continue doing the festival circuit.
5. Communication: We have an entire communication team that will be happy to answer any questions you may have. We believe that communication is key, and we strive to keep you informed every step of the way.
6. IMDb Film Festival: https://www.imdb.com/event/ev0049073/2023/1
Now, let's answer some frequent questions we receive:
1. What kind of premiere do you ask for? None. We will never rule out a project because it premiered in another country or festival. We don't believe in discarding projects just to have exclusivity.
2. Can I present a project premiered on YouTube? Yes, we support you 100%. We know how complicated it is to finish a project, and we are one of the few festivals in the world that accept projects uploaded to YouTube or other online platforms.
3. Can I submit a 2020 project? Yes, we do not rule out any project based on its production date. We believe that everyone deserves another chance.
We hope that you consider submitting your project to The Ring of Fire International Film Festival. We are excited to see what you have to offer and help you in your filmmaking journey. Thank you for your time!
-Best Short Film
-Best Indie Short Film
-Best Micro Short
-Best Feature Film
-Best Indie Feature Film
-Best Music Video
-Best Feature Script
-Best Short Script
-Best First Time Filmmaker
-Best Female Filmmaker
-Best Pilot/Serie/Web Serie
1. We accept projects in English, Spanish, Italian, French, German. If your project does not have these languages, we accept it with English subtitles.
-Micro Shorts: 0-2 minutes
-Short film Under 60 minutes
-Feature film Over 60 minutes
-Documentary: 0 -180 minutes
-Pilot/web/serie: 0-180 minutes
-Music Video: Unlimited
-Short script: Under 35 pages
-Feature Script: Over 35 pages
3. As a festival we are against the sale of databases. We guarantee 100x100 that your data will be safe and will only be used for the festival.
As a festival, one of our objectives is to promote artists and we can contact producers or festival directors so that they select you in other festivals or that a producer has a meeting with you. But in no case will we transfer your data to third parties.
4. For promotional purposes, we can use graphic material or images of your project, for a maximum of 1 minute. No commercial purposes, just as a promotion for your project or the festival.
5. You acknowledge that you are the owner of the project and exempt the festival from any violation of rights.
6. The festival can reschedule the notification dates, festival dates or eliminate categories if the necessary level is not reached.
7. You agree to have the link of your project updated, if you do not have it updated, the project will be disqualified. We always try to notify each filmmaker if that happens but there are times when we organize reviews with the jury and it does not allow us to notify in advance, so we always recommend that you have the updated links.
8. The festival does not pay a screening fee. At the live festival we screen the winner of Best Trailer, Best Music Video and Best Short Film.
9. No fee waiver. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. Register a project implies acceptance of these rules.