The Women's Film Festival is an annual festival during Women's History Month in March that showcases work made by and/or about women. The Women's Film Festival is the only event of its kind in Philadelphia that celebrates and elevates women in film and television.
Since October 2014, The Women's Film Festival has presented hundreds of culturally relevant films and exciting programming to broad and diverse audiences in the Greater Philadelphia region. Main venues include the Perelman Theater at the Kimmel Center of Performing Arts, Caplan Theater at the University of the Arts, Drexel URBN Annex Screening Room, National Liberty Museum, Philadelphia Museum of Art Ruth and Raymond G Perelman Building, The Lightbox Center and soon, The Suzanne Roberts Theater.
To learn more information about The Women's Film Festival, please visit our website at www.thewomensfilmfestival.org.
- Best Full Length Narrative
- Best Full Length Documentary
- Best Short Narrative
- Best Short Documentary
Please submit your work (documentary, short, feature, animation, or music video) featuring a strong female role in the category of director, writer, producer, editor, director of photography, or lead actress. Work cannot be screened in Philadelphia area prior to this film festival and must not be open to the public to view. No submission waivers.
Good luck to all, and thank you for sharing your work with us.
CERTIFICATION OF ENTRANT: I, the contact person for the film submitted with this application, agree to the following:
I have read, understood, and completed all eligibility requirements for which I would like this film to be considered.
* To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this application are true.
* The Women's Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting my film to this festival, I am giving consent to allow The Women's Film Festival to screen it if selected.
* If selected for the festival, I agree to pay for print shipping costs. The Women's Film Festival will pay for return shipping. (DVD/Blu-ray screeners will not be returned.)
* All final works must be completed and shipped 4 weeks before the screening date. This contract is binding and will be held responsible for the information in my submission.
* I agree to allow The Women's Film Festival to screen my film at post-festival events.
* The Women's Film Festival will only accept films written, directed, produced, videographed, edited, or principally acted by an artist that identifies as a woman or whose subject matter relates to women issues.