The Women's Comedy Film Festival in Chicago is a theatrical screening event in Chicago for independent films featuring female filmmakers, actors, directors, writers and producers from all over the world. This is an amazing opportunity to showcase the talent of female directors, writers, actors, and everything in between right here in one of the world's fastest-growing film communities. The Women's Comedy Film Festival in Chicago also recognizes exceptional filmmaking and screenwriting with awards and nominations by our judging panel. Submit your film if you meet AT LEAST ONE of the following requirements:
Female Lead Actor
Script writers, in addition to submitting your script to the festival we also provide optional script coverage. Script coverage with our festival includes the price of your submission fee. Your work will be analyzed by a Cinema Life filmmaker who’s produced award-winning films, has extensive writing experience, and also understands the indie way of filmmaking.
Best Political Comedy
Best Television Pilot Episode
Best Dark Comedy
Best Music Video
Best LGBTQ Comedy
Best Animated Short
Best Short Screenplay
Best Feature Length Screenplay
Best Television Episode Screenplay
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
• Please fully fill out your submission profile to avoid hold-ups in the judging process.
**** Submission fees are non refundable.****
• If you submit a Film in process and it gets selected, please notice we expect it to be completed within two weeks after the Notification Date. Otherwise, it will be disqualified. No exceptions. It is every submitter's responsibility to read the Rules and Terms of each Festival before submitting.
• If your film is selected you are not to submit any other updated, altered version of your film. If you send a film that is different from or longer than what was initially selected by the festival judging team, your film may be disqualified to the discretion of the festival director.
• If your film is selected, you are expected to provide a link to download your film so that we can project it at the festival. Only Google Drive and Dropbox are accepted. You can also make your film downloadable on FilmFreeway or Vimeo.
• All films must be under 4GB and 1080HD Max in either MP4 or MOV format.
• We do not accept DCP files.
• We do not screen 720p or SD Files.
• We do not stream from YouTube or Vimeo at the event.
• The Women's Comedy Film Festival in Chicago is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival and for promotional purposes on our website, newsletter, and social media platforms. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The Women's Comedy Film Festival in Chicago from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
• The Women's Comedy Film Festival in Chicago DOES NOT offer refunds on submissions.
• We reserve the right to deny entry or disqualify any project, at the discretion of festival leadership, for any reason.
Response from festival:
Hi Emilie, you were disqualified because you did not accept your official selection as instructed in your welcome email. We give all filmmakers several weeks to do so, and because we received zero respond to multiple emails, we replaced your project with a film whose team was incredibly excited to be part of our festival. Calling our festival a scam is incredibly hurtful and damaging to our mission to promote women in film. I am sorry that your lack of communication and professionalism led to this result but our festival is not to blame for your failure to respond to emails.