Welcome to the Inaugural Tombstone Film Festival, presented by 12 Westerns in association with Tombstone Forward.
The Tombstone Film Festival has been created by John Marrs and Travis Mills to showcase the best Western feature and short films in America's most iconic Western town. The event will include screenings of selected films, panels, a special opening night event, and closing awards party.
All selected filmmakers will receive two VIP passes which includes admission to all screenings, festival events, and the awards ceremony.
Submit your work for our first annual festival and we will see you in Tombstone this coming January!
We will present a total of ten awards this year:
Best Western Feature Film
Best Western Short Film
Best Screenplay (only for completed films)
Best Fist Fight
If accepted, filmmakers must supply a digital copy of your film. Failure to timely supply files can lead to disqualification.
1. All submissions must qualify as Westerns. This includes variations on the Western genre such as comedic westerns, horror westerns, documentary westerns, etc.
2. The Tombstone Film Festival Entry Fees are non-refundable.
3. There are no premiere requirements and the film may be available online prior to screening at the festival. However, we only accept films made no earlier than 2020.
4. All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
5. Only one submission is permitted per filmmaker. Submit your best and only your best!
6. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted Film. The Tombstone Film Festival will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted Film. The festival reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected from the Applicant, any Film with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials.
7. Filmmakers accepted and attending the Festival are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses. However, the festival may provide discount rates for lodging if possible. As stated above, each selected film will receive two free VIP passes.