We honor the giants of short film...the best producers, directors, writers, actors, cinematographers, sound engineers, stylists and other creators of short films.
The Short Film Awards is an international awards organization. We accept short film submissions from all around the world.
The Short Film Awards, affectionately nicknamed the SOFIES, was born out of a love for the special art form known as the Short Film. Due to its brief nature, the Short Film fosters an unmatched spirit of creativity, resourcefulness and independence that inspires, stirs and transforms. The Short Film Awards promote and extol the Short Film as an important and unique art form and outlet for social commentary.
The Short Film Awards shine the spotlight on the best and brightest in Short Film and bestow the beautiful and coveted SOFIE award.
The Short Film Awards Foundation is an officially approved 501(c)3, nonprofit organization.
All SOFIE Award Nominees receive an official The Short Film Awards Nominee Medal...a beautiful, golden medal on a ribbon, to wear or display!
The Winner in each category receives the prestigious and beautiful SOFIE award, designed by the same manufacturers of the most prestigious and coveted film and TV awards!.
The Short Film Awards offer the opportunity to earn the respect of peers and industry decision makers. Submitting your film places your work before top professionals in Entertainment and Film.
Winning a SOFIE award is a great honor that increases global awareness of your work and could result in increased opportunities.
Best Short From the Vault submissions-
produced any year UP TO December 31, 2017
Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor,
Best Supporting Actress submissions-
produced any year
All other category submissions-
AFTER December 31, 2017
PRIOR FESTIVAL INCLUSION: not required
SUBMISSION FORMAT: online preferred
If your project is chosen as an award NOMINEE, the following will be required:
* Film poster
* Crew and Cast Bios and pictures (as appropriate for category)
* Short film website and/or social media accounts
* A 30 second clip appropriate for the category in which your film is nominated
LENGTH: less than 21 minutes
* BEST NARRATIVE SHORT FILM
* BEST DRAMATIC SHORT FILM
* BEST COMEDIC SHORT FILM
* BEST ANIMATED SHORT FILM
LENGTH: 30 minutes or less
* BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM
LENGTH: 21 to 60 minutes
* BEST LONG SHORT FILM
LENGTH: 60 minutes or less
* BEST DIRECTOR OF A DRAMATIC OR COMEDIC
* BEST DIRECTOR OF A DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM
* BEST ACTRESS IN A SHORT FILM
* BEST ACTOR IN A SHORT FILM
* BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A SHORT FILM
* BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A SHORT FILM
* BEST WRITING IN A NARRATIVE OR DRAMATIC SHORT FILM
* BEST WRITING IN A COMEDIC SHORT FILM
* BEST WRITING IN A DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM
* BEST EDITING IN A DRAMATIC OR A COMEDIC
* BEST EDITING IN A DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM
* OUTSTANDING TECHNICAL WORK IN A SHORT FILM
* OUTSTANDING STYLING IN A SHORT FILM
* BEST SHORT FILM FROM THE VAULT
(Any year up to December 31, 2017)
* By top Media professionals dedicated to excellence