The Santa Fe Film Festival is a five-day celebration of the best in cinematic arts, the 16th Annual Santa Fe Film Festival will run February 7th- 11th, 2018 with a program of over 100 films, panels, juried awards, workshops and parties.
This year, the festival will be a part of Film Week in Santa Fe. This will include the New Mexico Film and Television Hall of Fame Awards to honor individuals who have made a significant contribution to the film and TV industry in Santa Fe with celebrity appearances, and The 12th annual NM FILM Industry FILM & TV DAY to highlight our successes and opportunities.
The Santa Fe Film Festival is the longest running film festival in New Mexico, with a rich history of amazing films and participants. Santa Fe and New Mexico are now a hub for filmmaking- from small budget indies to huge productions. Come network with a very amazingly accessible professionals from NM and around the world. Santa Fe is also a world-class arts destination with amazing galleries and installations and has been designated a UNESCO creative city. Santa Fe is known as the "City Different," and we take the same approach to film. Cinema Different means that we are willing to embrace the innovative, courageous, and unique to tell a story in a one of a kind location.
The festival’s annual program includes curated selections of over 40 film programs including narrative and documentary features, shorts of all types, tributes to world-renowned film artists and industry professionals as well as a spotlight on local filmmakers. Embracing the full spectrum of cinematic arts, the Santa Fe Film Festival extends beyond screenings in theaters to panels, workshops, art exhibitions and fabulous parties. Come experience the beauty of Santa Fe's culture and outdoors (skiing, hiking, biking, etc) and join us for our upcoming celebration of cinematic arts.
Awards & Prizes
The Santa Fe Film Festival awards a wide array of prizes to outstanding films and filmmakers. We offer cash, prize packages from sponsors, trophies and industry resources. To learn more, please visit our website for more information: santafefilmfestival.com. Category winners receive valuable unique prizes that reflect local arts.
Rules & Terms
1. The submitted film must be the original work of the Filmmaker.
2. A student submitting a film must provide a photocopy of a current and valid student ID or a letter from his/her school verifying enrollment.
3. The Filmmaker is responsible for all shipping costs, domestic or international.
4. Due to large number of film entries, the Santa Fe Film Festival cannot provide notification if a film is NOT selected. For the same reason, the Festival cannot provide feedback and/or additional correspondence to films that are NOT selected. The Festival will notify ONLY those films selected for the Festival.
5. In order to qualify as an International Film, more than half of the project's financing must originate from outside of the United States or the film must be primarily shot outside of the US. Qualification for this category is at the discretion of the festival.*
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submittal to Santa Fe Film Festival (SFFF or Festival):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and me. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival or the official sponsors of the Festival because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Santa Fe Film Festival, the affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisers and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Festival.
6. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
7. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New Mexico and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Santa Fe in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival, located at http://www.santafefilmfestival.com.
9. By submitting the Film, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by Santa Fe Film Festival. Filmmaker grants the Santa Fe Film Festival the right to use a clip or clips from the film or any press materials submitted for publicity and promotional purposes.
10. For accepted titles, the Festival should receive the exhibition print no later than January 15, 2018. The filmmaker is responsible for the expense of shipping their exhibition print to the Festival.