ABOUT The North Film Festival (TNFF)
IMDb qualifier’s The North Film Festival (TNFF) is an international film festival, dedicated to international and European shorts and features of all genres - with screenings online and an annual live screening and awards event in Stockholm, Sweden . TNFF is partnered with the LOVE & HOPE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL - BARCELONA (L'HIFF) (Sep 6 - 10, 2022 in Barcelona -* Spain)
Each quarter, the submitted projects are judged by an enthusiastic team of film industry professionals and academics.
The quarterly winners will automatically qualify to be screened at the TNFF annual event in Stockholm, Sweden (February 24, 2023) - and also to be both considered and compete for the coveted Annual awards.
TNFF Welcomes you to Stockholm.
Stockholm is a city that is open to different perspectives and new ideas. An amazing destination where innovations in music, film, design, fashion and technology are born. A place fit for creative visionaries such as you, Dear Filmmakers. And remember, bring your jacket, hat and gloves, if you're selected for the screenings in Stockholm on February 2023!
Certificates, Medals or Trophies.
Best Script Short
Best Script Feature Film
Best Experimental Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Music Video
Best Web Series
Best LBGTQ Short Film
Best Drama Short Film
Best Horror Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Inspirational Short Film
Best Drama Short Film
Best Sci-Fi Short Film
Best Animation Short Film
Best Swedish Short Film
Best European Short Film
Best International Short Film
Best Screenplay in Short Film
Best Score in Short Film
Best Editing in Short Film
Best Cinematography in Short Film
Best Actor in Short Film
Best Actress in Short Film
Best Director in a Short Film
Best Screenplay in Feature Film
Best Score in Feature Film
Best Editing in Feature Film
Best Cinematography in Feature Film
Best Actor in Feature Film
Best Actress in Feature Film
Best Director Feature Film
Best LBGTQ Feature Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Feature Film
Best Horror Feature Film
Rules & Terms of Entry
1. Entries in foreign languages must come with English subtitles (This is an International Film Festival English Rules).
2. All entries must have been completed AFTER 2019
3. Any film submitted to the TNFF can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance.
4. Works in progress are accepted.
5. You must own or be given all of the rights to anything you submit to the festival.
6. Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category. But keep in mind the entry fee must be paid for each one.
7. At our discretion, we may choose to transfer a film to the correct category, but only if the appropriate level of submission fee has been paid.
8. A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited, submissions are not guaranteed to be shown. All decisions of the committee are final. Except for the audience award, separate juries select festival winners
9. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified.
10. Winners will be presented with their awards during the TNFF Awards Ceremony Gala, which will take place at the festival on February (Pending) PHOTOCALL - (Pending) Stockholm Sweden - Time.
11. Submissions are NON-refundable. We cannot be held liable for materials which are lost or damaged.
12. We totally retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online website + social media platforms or email.
13. The festival will not pay any fee for screening a film.
14. If your film is selected by our festival, you automatically agree that we may use images from your project for marketing purposes for our festival. If you do not agreed, and do not consent to give us promotional rights to your material, please let us know with a call or via email; and then we will withdraw your film from the promotion of our festival. If we do not receive any notification from you within 48 hours after your film is selected, we will assume that you agree this policy.
15. We don't give your information to 3rd Parties.
16. We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.
17. By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience in Stockholm, Sweden or ONLINE.
I also acknowledge that the film submission fee does not guarantee acceptance and no refund will be provided if my film is not selected. Applicants who do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.
Questions regarding submissions may be directed to email@example.com