UPDATE: The North Film Festival will be held only Online this year (February 24 – 26, 2022) due to COVID and specifically the new Omicron variant. In addition to the rapid spread of the variant, it does not look likely that everyone will have access to a third vaccine dose by the time of the event and many venues in Europe are beginning to require this third dose.
This was a difficult decision, as we were really looking forward to bringing an amazing festival to Sweden like the one we did in Barcelona, Spain ( https://www.lhifilmfestival.com/) but safety is the most important thing for our filmmakers. The North Film Festival 2022, will be held ONLY ONLINE from 24 – 26 February, 2022.
IMDb qualifier’s The North Film Festival (TNFF) is an international film festival, dedicated to international and European shorts and features of all genres - with quarterly live screenings online and an annual live screening and awards event in Stockholm, Sweden (February 24, 25, 26 - 2022). TNFF is partnered with the LOVE & HOPE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL - BARCELONA (L'HIFF) (Sep 6 - 10, 2022 in Barcelona -* Spain)
Each quarter, the submitted projects are judged by an enthusiastic team of film industry professionals and academics.
The quarterly winners will automatically qualify to be screened at the TNFF annual event in Stockholm, Sweden (February 24, 25, 26 - 2022) - and also to be both considered and compete for the coveted Annual awards.
TNFF Welcomes you to Stockholm.
Stockholm is a city that is open to different perspectives and new ideas. An amazing destination where innovations in music, film, design, fashion and technology are born. A place fit for creative visionaries such as you, Dear Filmmakers. And remember, bring your jacket, hat and gloves, if you're selected for the screenings in Stockholm on February 2022!
Certificates, Medals and Trophies.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Feature Film LGBTQ
Best Short Film LGBTQ
Best Music Video Best Experimental
Best Horror Film
Rules & Terms of Entry
1. Entries in foreign languages must come with English subtitles (This is an International Film Festival English Rules).
2. All entries must have been completed AFTER 2017
3. Any film submitted to the TNFF can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance.
4. Works in progress are accepted.
5. You must own or be given all of the rights to anything you submit to the festival.
6. Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category. But keep in mind the entry fee must be paid for each one.
7. At our discretion, we may choose to transfer a film to the correct category, but only if the appropriate level of submission fee has been paid.
8. A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited, submissions are not guaranteed to be shown. All decisions of the committee are final. Except for the audience award, separate juries select festival winners
9. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified.
10. Winners will be presented with their awards during the TNFF Awards Ceremony Gala, which will take place at the festival on February 26, 2022 18:00H PHOTOCALL - 19:00H Stockholm Sweden - Time.
11. Submissions are NON-refundable. We cannot be held liable for materials which are lost or damaged.
12. We totally retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online website + social media platforms or email.
13. The festival will not pay any fee for screening a film.
14. If your film is selected by our festival, you automatically agree that we may use images from your project for marketing purposes for our festival. If you do not agreed, and do not consent to give us promotional rights to your material, please let us know with a call or via email; and then we will withdraw your film from the promotion of our festival. If we do not receive any notification from you within 48 hours after your film is selected, we will assume that you agree this policy.
I also acknowledge that the film submission fee does not guarantee acceptance and no refund will be provided if my film is not selected. Applicants who do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.