*ALL ELIGIBLE FILMS WILL RECEIVE A NOMINEE LAUREL* *UK-Based Filmmakers ONLY*
Returning for the eighth edition, The INDIs (Independent Directions) Film Festival celebrates and nurtures young filmmaking talent through screenings, virtual reality, workshops, industry and networking events. With a particular focus on networking with other passionate young people who are interested in film as a career and art-form. The INDIs Awards champions and celebrates the talent of the UK’s young independent filmmakers up to the age of 25, and is a core of the wider festival.
Films can be any genre, and be on any topic. We do accept films which look at or tackle challenging subject matters.
The INDIs is presented by Leeds Film, part of Leeds City Council, which also presents Leeds Young Film Festival and Leeds International Film Festival.
ALL ELIGIBLE FILMS WILL RECEIVE A NOMINEE LAUREL, shortlisted filmmakers will receive official selection laurels and the winner in each category will receive a winner's laurel, a trophy and will go forward to compete for the overall INDIs prize.
Cash prizes total £750, between the three age groups. Awards for the 'Best Film' in each age category is awarded £250. The 15-18 age group and the 19-21 age group are sponsored by Leeds City College, and the 22-25 age category is sponsored by The IAC.
Additional prizes have been sponsored by STICKS & GLASS, a fresh new post-production space located in Central Leeds.
- Films MUST be independently made.
Made without major funding or production company support. You are not working to someone else’s agenda or subject for the film e.g. school, community group, production company. The film isn’t made as part of an educational organisation, such as BFI’s Film Academy or Channel 4’s Random Acts etc. (We do accept films by film students. However, we are not looking for films made by community groups, schools or with big organisations.)
- Films can be any genre and format
- Films must have a maximum runtime of 15 minutes, including credits.
- Films must have been produced by young filmmakers aged 15 - 25 at the time of production.
By this we mean that the majority of the people involved in the production of the film must be aged 15-25. The script or story must have been written or devised by young people aged 15-25 and young people must have been involved in using the camera and sound equipment and been involved in the editing process. The INDIs Award will be split into three categories, ages 15-18, 19-21 and ages 22-25. If your crew covers multiple age groups, please enter into the category that fits the majority of key decision-makers (Directors, Producers, Screenwriters)
- Filmmakers MUST be based in the UK.
- Films must have been made after January 2018.
- Non-English language films must have English Subtitles.
- All films must be submitted to the festival by Friday 20 September 2019.
- Films that do not meet these entry criteria will be automatically disqualified without being considered for the festival.
TERMS OF ENTRY:
* I agree that The INDIs can use the images from the film in Festival publications, press and media releases about the Festival and on the Festival website.
* The festival will not return physical copies that are sent for consideration.
* I agree that The INDIs can keep the disc / file for its archive film libraries for viewing by other film festivals and organisations and for educational purposes.
* I confirm that permission has been granted and there are no outstanding copyright or licensing issues with any of the material or soundtrack in this film.
* I agree that, if shortlisted, I and/ or members of the film production team will attend the event at the festival (dates over Friday 11 October - Sunday 13 October) if available.