The Hazel Eye Film Festival (HEFF) is interested in experimental live action films, as well as experimental animations. We are looking for any work that pushes the boundaries of the audiovisual art form. Short film submissions should be no longer than 25 minutes, and feature film submissions should be no shorter than 40 minutes.
Submit your work through FilmFreeway before March 26th, 2019; selections will be made by the following week, on April 2nd, 2019.
HEFF will take place over the course of one week, from April 9th, 2019 until April 16th, 2019; Official Selections will screen online, via HEFF's website, on designated days throughout the festival week.
The Golden Leaf for Best Feature Film
The Golden Leaf for Best Short Film
The Silver Leaf for Best Feature Film
The Silver Leaf for Best Short Film
The Bronze Leaf for Best Feature Film
The Bronze Leaf for Best Short Film
The Jury Prize for Best Feature Film
The Jury Prize for Best Short Film
Special Mention Award(s)
1. The festival only accepts online submission links for preview (Vimeo, Youtube, etc.) Film links may be private or public.
2. All work submitted must be fully completed as works in progress will not be considered.
3. Productions must be independently produced, with the maker retaining complete editorial control and copyright.
4. Submission of an entry indicates acceptance of all regulations, guarantee that a screening copy in the format specified will be made available for the dates of the event, and authorization to publicly exhibit the work at HEFF 2019.
5. If screening copy is to be provided by a distributor or agent then entry must be submitted by that distributor/agent, along with any criteria or conditions.