The Golden Hour Film Festival was created to give filmmakers a chance to showcase their work and talent in the beautiful Foothills of North Carolina. The founders of the festival are filmmakers themselves that have been through the film festival circuit for many years. With their knowledge of films, festivals, and competitions combined, they got together, shared their experiences and decided to create a film festival that is different from others.
Filmmakers spend numerous hours to create a film, hard work in accumulating the funds to submit to festivals and then wait months to hear if they are accepted. Most never knowing why their film did not make the cut. This is something that can be extremely disheartening and frustrating to filmmakers, especially those just entering the festival circuit. That is why we want to offer the opportunity for reviews, in hope to give these talented filmmakers the opportunity to know their strengths and where they may need to grow. The Golden Hour Film Festival wants to help every filmmaker keep their passion and give them hope to keep creating great films!
Another way The Golden Hour Film Festival is a festival for all filmmakers is because we want to offer tiers and awards for all types of filmmakers from young to ‘mature’, from novice filmmakers to those who have been through the ringer. It is hard to submit your film and compete with those who have expensive equipment, large crews or people who do this as a profession when all you have is a few friends and a cell phone. We want to give every filmmaker from all walks of life a chance to be recognized.
This is a festival created by and made for down to earth filmmakers looking to showcase their art, talent, work, and skills. We want everyone to be proud of what they do. If you took the time to create it, then you should be proud, you did more than most. If your film didn’t turn out the way you wanted it to, don’t be disappointed. Learn from it and grow from it. And we want to help you do just that. Too many filmmakers give up because of the lack of support. The Golden Hour Film Festival is a place where you can be surrounded by like minded filmmakers.
We are passionate about creating not only film, but an environment with the goal of making you feel like the amazing filmmaker you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
Awards will be given in each Level.
(Levels: Apprentice, Journeyman, Master Craftsman)
*Winners will be given their awards in the form of trophies, certificates, and/or plaques.
**Awards subject to change
- Films must be 25 minutes or less, including credits
- All films must be in English or with English subtitles
- By submitting, you agree to grant the festival the right to use film images for promotional purposes.
- Submission fees are non-refundable
- It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to clear all rights before your film screens at the festival. By submitting your film you indemnify and hold harmless The Golden Hour Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.