PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FUTURE FILMMAKER'S FILM FESTIVAL 2020 HAS BEEN POSTPONED. WE WILL REACH OUT TO TEACHERS WITH NEW DATE.
The Future Filmmakers Film Festival is sponsored by The Matthew S Hisiger Film Foundation on Sunday, April 26, 2020 from 2–6 PM at The Picture House in Pelham, New York. Westchester New York high school students submit an original short film (7 minutes or less) to be featured on the big screen. You will be prompted to create a FilmFreeway account to be able to log in and submit your film. Those who submitted last year can use their previous credentials to log in.
When filling out the submittal form, omit any marketing, social media and/or detailed personal information. At the end of the process, you will be prompted to add your school & teacher name. You will receive an automatic email from FilmFreeway and also a follow up confirmation from MSHFF.
All student filmmakers receive a Certificate of Participation signed by the County Executive. "Chesters," our take on the Oscars, are awarded to top three films and special categories.
1. Entries accepted on a rolling basis between now and April 10th.
2. Film submissions must be 7 minutes or less. If they are longer, they will be returned for editing.
3. Films are being submitted through the recommendation of an accredited Westchester High School or bona-fide Film program.
4. Films submitted is truly an original work of a high school student with little or no professional input
5. Film is not the result of an in-classroom assignment like a book report or film critique
6. The Film can be screened at the Future Filmmakers Film Festival
7. Films are PG rated.
8. Student filmmaker can participate in Press Pictures and interviews regarding the event.