Sponsored by The Matthew S Hisiger Film Foundation on Sunday, April 28, 2019 from 2 - 6 pm at The Picture House in Pelham, New York. Westchester New York high school students submit an original short film (7 minutes or less) to be featured on the big screen. When submitting your film, you will be prompted to create a FilmFreeway log-in, please do so. When filling out the submittal form, you can omit any marketing, social media and/or detailed personal information. At the end of the process, you will be prompted to add your school & teacher name.
All student filmmakers receive a Certificate of Participation signed by the County Executive. "Chesters" (our take on the Oscars, are awarded to top three films and special categories
1. Entries accepted on a rolling basis between now and April 12th.
2. Film submissions must be 7 minutes or less. If they are longer, they will be returned for editing.
3. Films are being submitted through the recommendation of an accredited Westchester High School or bona-fide Film program.
4. Films submitted is truly an original work of a high school student with little or no professional input
5. Film is not the result of an in-classroom assignment like a book report or film critique
6. The Film can be screened at the Future Filmmakers Film Festival
7. Films are PG rated.
8. Student filmmaker can participate in Press Pictures and interviews regarding the event.