𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐌 𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝟒, 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝟏: 𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍 𝟏𝟔 - 𝟏𝟖 𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒
𝗦𝗲𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 $𝟮𝟱𝟬,𝟬𝟬𝟬 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗰𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗺, 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗮 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿-𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗴𝗻, 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘁𝘀, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗯𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻.
At That Film Festival, we're not just creating an event; we're building a bridge between dreams and reality. We're breaking down barriers that have held back exceptional talents, allowing them to shine on the big screen.
By bringing filmmakers into direct contact with investors, marketing directors, sales, and distribution experts, we're facilitating connections that can change lives and shape the future of cinema. Our commitment goes beyond the festival itself; it's about nurturing creativity, fostering innovation, and giving filmmakers the tools they need to thrive.
Our showcases, held at prestigious events like Cannes, London, Marbella, and Berlin, serve as stages for the best short films submitted to us. Filmmakers can submit their short films to one of our four showcases held throughout the year.
Each showcase will have three winners selected. Once we have chosen the 12 finalists from these showcases, they will have a month and a half to transform a short script of our choosing into a short film - we don't expect Hollywood-level production, but we do want something impressive that showcases your unique style on screen.
Subsequently, a winner will be selected from these final short films. The winner will then have 12 months to write a feature-length script, which we will option for $10,000. Afterward, we will produce the feature film with a minimum budget of $250,000.
𝗢𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗳𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝗺𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘄𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀:
• Films selected will have visibility on promotional materials for That Film Festival, including on That Film Life social media channels.
• Three films from each showcase will be chosen to be entered into the film investment competition (Twelve films in total).
• Network with film industry executives from around the world.
The winner of 2018 That Film Festival, David Cohen beat some great competition to walk away with an incredible prize in Berlin on the 9th February 2019. The 4 finalists were given a unique script and all asked to shoot a short film with their take on the script. David's unique interpretation of a 'script with in a script' was different, fun, exceptionally cast & well edited. We invited a mix of our film investors & film industry professionals to attend the Gala dinner gala dinner where they were shown all 4 shorts and were asked to anonymously vote for their winner by placing their chosen film card in a box. The votes were counted and there was a clear winner on votes, Number 1 being David Cohen, closely followed by Gustavo Sampaio with Gaia. Following the festival our sponsor Twickenham studios met with David and gave him the all important studio tour where he got to meet with their Oscar & Emmy winning team. Twickenham will be offering post production for his feature film. David will also star in a 9-part TV docu-series following his journey to make his feature.
Season 2's 2019 winner, Loïs Dols De Jong, was unveiled on February 13, 2019, during a grand awards gala at London's May Fair Hotel. Her captivating film, "El Muerto", not only graced the screens that evening but also clinched the top spot at our Marbella Showcase. Currently, Loïs is meticulously refining the script for her debut feature, "Hotel Polski", which, with the help of That Film Festival, is poised to soon enter pre-production.
Connor O'Hara and Jamie Gamache emerged as the celebrated winners of TFF's third season. Inspired by the profound experience of losing two friends at the age of 21, Connor directed the poignant short film "Infinite", with Jamie as its producer, which then clinched their victory at the festival. Riding on this success, the duo subsequently made "Kindling", a feature film that brilliantly addresses the vulnerability of young men, directly challenging toxic masculinity. Produced amidst the 2021 lockdown relaxation, "Kindling" has been showered with widespread acclaim, with Glamour magazine heralding it as one of the "9 Best British Films of 2023". After a cinema release in April 2023, Kindling is now available to stream on all major platforms such as Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer and Apple TV.
Do you think you have what it takes to be the winner of 2024 That Film Festival?
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗲:
• Minimum investment of $250,000 to develop your feature script into a full-length feature film.
• One-year comprehensive marketing support, encompassing social media promotion, advertising budget allocation, and website design and construction.
• A full year of international sales and distribution assistance.
• Access to casting services with the guidance of a casting agent.
• Support for post-production and special effects.
• Creation of professional posters and artwork.
• Production and editing of a high-quality trailer.
• A grand red carpet premiere event.
• The competition is open to filmmakers of all levels and ages, provided they have not previously produced a feature film.
• Short film submissions should have a duration of less than 29 minutes.
• Accepted Genres: Documentary, Action/Adventure, Horror/Thriller, Comedy, Drama, Sci-fi/Fantasy - All subgenres accepted.
• Films must have been completed after January 2018.
• Submitted films must be available for screening in Berlin starting from February 2024.
• Non-English language films must include English subtitles with their submissions.
• Film submissions should be made through Film Freeway.
• That Film Festival bears no responsibility for incomplete, lost, unintelligible, or misdirected submissions.
• Once a film is submitted, the decision is final, and no refunds will be issued.
• Initial submissions that do not meet the technical requirements outlined in these official rules will be automatically disqualified without refunds.
🇴🇷🇮🇬🇮🇳🇦🇱 🇼🇴🇷🇰 🇨🇱🇦🇺🇸🇪
Participants acknowledge that the Sponsor and Competition Entities may have motion pictures, television programs, and other creative materials in development or production that may contain ideas, concepts, plots, characters, settings, or themes similar to those in the participant's short films. The participant acknowledges that they will not be entitled to any compensation or negotiation rights with the sponsor due to any such similarities.
• Upon the announcement of the winner, they will have a maximum of 12 months to deliver an original feature film script. Failure to do so within this timeframe may result in the withdrawal of funding by the sponsors.
• The sponsors will acquire the winner's feature screenplay for a sum of $10,000.00 USD (Ten Thousand Dollars).
• Additionally, the winner will be entitled to a 2% share of the feature film's net profits from the backend.
• The production of the feature film must take place within the United Kingdom.
🇫🇴🇷🇨🇪 🇲🇦🇯🇪🇺🇷🇪 🇨🇱🇦🇺🇸🇪
The Sponsor does commit to producing the grand prize-winning scripts, which are fully funded by the sponsor. However, the Sponsor retains the right not to produce, release, exhibit, distribute, or otherwise exploit the winning scripts for specific reasons. The Sponsor also reserves the right to suspend or terminate the fulfillment of its obligations in the event of circumstances beyond their control, which render performance inadvisable, commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible. While the Sponsor intends to produce the Grand Prize-winning scripts, this clause is included as a precautionary measure to account for events beyond the competition or sponsor's control.
Fee will be charged to cover admin charges & staffing charges in order to ensure your film will be watched, categorised and rated.
𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦: 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭, 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘍𝘪𝘭𝘮 𝘍𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭 𝘜𝘒 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘯 & 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘴. 𝘍𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘴 & 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘷𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘦𝘣𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘸𝘸.𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭.𝘤𝘰𝘮.