Iranian Youth cinema Society (IYCS) is an independent educational film organization which has been established over 40 years ago.
IYCS is associated to the Iranian Ministry of Culture and has 70 branches around the country; the main branch is located in Tehran.
The main activity of IYCS is concentrated in 3 fields: educating mainly the youth in the field of cinema in compacted one year film course, producing short films and distribution of produced short films from all over the country.
IYCS also submits a selection of its short film production to the short film festival around the world.
IYCS organizes Tehran International Short Film Festival every year in October (TISFF). It is one of the oldest short film festivals not only in Iran, but also in the region. The festival has hosted international well known festival directors and cineasts from around the world.
Tehran Short Film Festival is a member of International Short Film Conference (ISFC) enabling different players in the short film world to work together and share their experience in an informal, non-political and flexible atmosphere.”
- Grand Prix: Trophy + Diploma + € 3000
-Best Fiction: Trophy + Diploma + € 1500
-Best Documentary: Trophy + Diploma + € 1500
-Best Animation: Trophy + Diploma + € 1500
-Best experimental: Trophy + Diploma € 1500
- Video Art: Trophy + Diploma + € 500
1. Entry requirements
- Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2018.
- Films of 30 minutes or less are eligible.
- Fiction, animation, documentary and experimental genres, as well as video art can be submitted to the festival.
- Each film can be submitted in just one section. The sections include “Main competition” and “Video Art”.
- Films which have already been publicly broadcast or distributed in any form or screened in Iran are not accepted.
- Films already submitted to previous TISFF are not accepted - even in a newer version.
- Industrial and commercial films are not accepted.
2. Entry procedure and selection
-Films must be submitted on-line and uploaded via platforms.
-Complete transcription of dialogues with time code in their original language with translations only in
English (even if the language of the film is English).
-Email at least one still of the film to the event.
-The deadline for the online entry is June 20, 2019.
-There is no submission fee.
-The list of the selected films will be published on the Festival's website (http://www.tisff.ir) by
September 1st, 2019.
-Directors, producers and distributors of selected films will be notified via email prior to the event.
3. Screening format and Resolution
- Screening format: Mpeg2- Mpeg4 (H.264) - MOV (H.264), with inlaid subtitles.
- Resolution: Full HD, 1920 x 1080
- Frame rate: (25p – 50i)
4. Non-specified cases
The festival committee will decide on any case which have not been stipulated in this regulations document. The signature of the applicant implies full understanding of and consent to the rules.