Iran’s sport films festival, as the exclusive representative of the FICTS Sport Federation, is considered to be the Entry Festival for the Milan world competition. This festival is held to stage a contest between filmmakers and producers, spot the young talents, and to introduce inspiring figures. It will be held in line with the country’s sporting regulations, the National Olympic and Paralympics Committee and the FICTS Federation in a bid to support the production and distribution of sport films.
The IRIB’s independent sports channel sponsored the 12th edition of the festival. With its natural and professional approach; including the help of the Cultural Affairs Department of the Ministry of Sports and Youth, the Cultural Commission of the National Olympic and Paralympics Committee, Qeshm Free Zone Organization and the office for the festivals’ affairs of the Cinematic Organization of the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance. The cultural institute of the Khayyam Art House NGO is the developer of this edition of the festival which selects the best works for participation in the final stage of the FICTS World Festival.
Works with sports theme which aims at promoting the objectives of the Olympic and the Olympic movement, and strengthening the strong spirit of Olympic and athletic manner will be eligible for participation in this cultural and sports event under the terms and conditions outlined in the Festival.
• Ethics and respect
• Athletic manner
• Generosity and philanthropy
• Modesty, high mindedness and forgiveness
• Physical and mental health
• Conscious and wise thoughts, words and deeds
Goals of the Festival
• Improving the quality of cinema and television sport films
• Promoting sports values through movies
• Encouragement of sports filmmakers with an emphasis on athletic manner, mutual respect and spiritual excellence of the Olympic and Paralympics in their works
• Promotion and development of sporting, Olympic and Paralympic values using the power of sport visualization
• Utilizing the capacity of sports art in line with public diplomacy and to promote sustainable international peace and friendship
• Organizing and presenting sports information to organizations for decision-making in related fields
• Holding meetings for criticizing, introducing, studying and reviewing cultural works
The Cinematic fiction films, video fiction films – short films, feature films, animation - documentaries, television programs, teasers and music videos produced in 1396 to 1398 can participate in one of the following sections of the festival after completing the required form and providing the necessary information.
• Olympic and Paralympics, spirit and Olympic champion
• Sports and combating drug addiction
• Mobile and video short films featuring local native games (Iran)
• Cinematic fiction films awards
Producer of the best film: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
The best director: Festival trophy, degree of honor, the cash award
Best actor: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
Best supporting actor: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
Best actress: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
Best supporting actress: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
• Television and video films awards (short films, features, and animation)
Producer of the best video feature film: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
Director of the best video feature film: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
Director of the best short film: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
Producer or the director of the best animations: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
• Documentaries awards
Director of the best short documentary: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
Director of the best documentary feature: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
Screenwriter/researcher of the best documentary research: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
• Teaser and music video awards
Director of the best music video: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
• Television programs awards:
The best producer of live sports game shows: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
The best presenter of TV programs: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
The best reporter of sports events: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
The best TV sports programs: Festival trophy, honorary diploma, the cash award
1. The festival is devoted to works that their main theme is sports and while emphasizing the core values of the festival pays particular attention to the promotion and development of the Olympic objectives, the spirit of sport and solidarity and should not conflict with the values of society.
2. All the international applicants are required to complete the festival registration form at FilmFreeway and upload their works to the festival secretariat in Full HD and higher qualities. The secretariat is excused from accepting works in other formats.
3. English subtitles are mandatory for all non-English movies.
4. Winners will be submitted to the 2019 Milan Sport Film Festival by the secretariat of Iran Festival.
5. All internal and international works in this festival will be judged and appraised in the competition section in an aggregated way.
6. There is no limit to the number of works submitted by individuals or institutions. Separate forms must be completed for each work.
7. The festival is allowed to screen the selected films at its dedicated venues during the time of the festival, and the secretariat of the festival will arrange the screening times. There is no possibility to remove any films from the program after they are selected.
8. All the selected works in the competition, except for the theatrical fiction films, will be premiered on sports television channel once with their producers and directors skype interview on their works.
9. The festival is allowed to display a maximum of five minutes of the participants’ works on TV for the purpose of advertising and publicizing.
10. The films that have made their ways to the competition will receive participation certificates. The certificate of participation in the festival for the selected and sent works to the secretariat will be sent electronically to the owners of the works, at most three months after the end of the festival.
11. A copy of all the works submitted to the festival will be kept in the archive of the secretariat of the festival.
12. Participation in and receiving the award from other festivals will not be a barrier to this festival.
13. The legal responsibility of the works submitted falls upon the signatories of the festival participation form.
14. The final decision on all the matters not mentioned in these regulations will be the responsibility of the festival secretariat.
15. The secretariat of the festival will not be responsible for the damage to the works that are caused by a failure in sending the works correctly.
16. Accepting the final registration of the festival online registration form means the complete acceptance of the rules and regulations of the festival.
Response from festival:
We are delighted that we have your film as a finalist in our competition and I'm sure you received that notice. But regarding some unprecedented issues, we forced to change the date of the ceremony.
You will receive updates in a few weeks.
Thanks for being with us