The Tarzana International Film Festival kicks-off with a Red Carpet Opening Night and Reception. The next day of screenings will showcase the best selections of films from around the world. That evening will be the Awards Show honoring the winners in all categories. The Closing Night Reception will feature food, fun, cocktails, lively conversation and networking with filmmakers and industry professionals.
The Tarzana International Film Festival screenings will take place at the prestigious GRAND PALACE REGAL CINEMAS in the Calabasas Commons located in the famous San Fernando Valley (SFV) close to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Universal Studios, Warner Brothers, and many other major studios. The city of Tarzana has a legacy for being a rich History of Film from being central locations for such diverse films from Casablanca to Terminator 2, to Boogie Nights.
The Tarzana International Film Festival's multi-media celebration is designed to elevate and amplify filmmakers, encourage new friendships and future collaborations and showcase the best work from around the globe. Through its festival/competition, films are reviewed and selected to be part of the live festival experience, to enjoy the screenings, parties and red carpet events, culminating with the Closing Night Awards Gala.
Tarzana is quite unique as its name is derived from the beloved character and action hero Tarzan created by the world renowned author Edgar Rice Burroughs. The city of Tarzana and (SFV) has a rich cinematic history as a location for such classics as "Planet of the Apes", "Boogie Nights", "Terminator 2", "The Adams Family", "E.T.", "Thelma and Louise", "Lethal Weapon" and "Valley Girl" to name just a few!
Our mission is to show independent films that inform, inspire, and engage our audience. These films include action/adventure, documentaries, animation, films by women, faith-based films. TZIFF encourages attendance by all ages and is made possible by the generous donations of our sponsors, advertiser’s and festival attendees.
A custom Tarzana International Film Festival Award will be given to each winner of each individual category.
1. All entries must be submitted by the date of the Final Deadline by July 31st, 2022 unless special arrangements have been made with the festival.
2. Entrants must submit an online digital version of their film for viewing, judging and festival consideration.
3. All entries must be in English or subtitled in English if a foreign film.
4. Please submit at least one high resolution production still or screen capture from your film, a short synopsis and log-line along with the directors name and biography. Please let us know if your film will be a screening Premiere: World, US, West Coast or Los Angeles.
5. All films screened must be in a High Resolution Digital File or DCP format, depending on the Theaters screening requirements. If the filmmakers do not have a DCP, it can be converted for a nominal fee. Films selected for screening at the festival must also adhere to specific audio and video specifications.
6. By submitting your film, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in TZIFF trailers, publicity and promotions.
7. The individual or entity submitting the film hereby warrants that it has all pertinent legal clearances and is authorized to submit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Furthermore, once a film is submitted, approval is granted for festival screening whether it is accepted in other film festival or not. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the Tarzana International Film Festival from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening material whether it is screened or not.
8. Exceptions to the festival regulations and guidelines must be authorized by the Founder. The Tarzana International Film Festival may opt to withdraw your work at any time for any reason and does not issue refunds.