The Taiwan Film Festival is an annual film festival event to provide a professional showcase platform for Taiwanese and Asian Australian filmmakers to promote their works in Australia. The event will (a) provide local Taiwan residents with the opportunity to enjoy artistic works from their home heritage and culture, and (b) create an artistic platform to expose and promote Taiwanese and Asian Australian cultures to people from other cultural groups.
The 5th Taiwan Film Festival in Australia will take place from 28 July to 13 August 2022 in Australia.
Festival Program Categories
- Features from Taiwan (longer than 60 minutes)
- Features by Taiwanese (longer than 60 minutes)
- Short Film Competition (less than 60 minutes), the winner will receive 1000 AUD cash prize.
- Best Short Film (The winner will receive 1000AUD cash prize)
- Audience Award for Best Feature
- Audience Award for Best Short Film
Submission Terms and Conditions
- 50% of the film is filmed in Taiwan for the Features from Taiwan category.
- Must have at least one person identify as Taiwanese in the cast or in the production team for the Features by Taiwanese category.
- Must have at least one Asian representation in the cast or in the production team from Australia or Taiwan for the Short Film Competition.
- The Features category is not a competition.
- Feature film must be completed after Dec 2019, and Short Film must be completed after Dec 2020.
- Must have English subtitles, including the trailer.
- Must not be works-in-progress or rough cuts.
- All genres include feature films, documentaries, experimental films and animations, are all welcome to submit.
- All films must be submitted before 1 March 2022.
- Online Screener with a secure password or high-resolution file is highly preferred.
- Submission fee must be made in AUD as collected by FilmFreeway.
Selected Films Must Provide
- Poster and film stills (300 dpi & 3-5 photos)
- Trailer (with and without English subtitle)
- Feature film must provide DCP hard drive or DCP formate download link.
Dispatch of the Prints of Selected Films
- DCP shipment information will follow upon acceptance of the film.
- The Festival will pay for round trip transportation of the print. However, if the print is to be sent to another festival, the receiver should cover the charges.
- All prints will be returned within four weeks after the festival. If the film has to be returned to another address, this has to be marked on the application form as well as the desired date of arrival at the return address.