Taiwan International Children’s Film Festival (TICFF) is a biennial event founded by Public Television Service (PTS) in 2004. It is the first film and television festival in Asia dedicated entirely to children at the age of 4-12.
The 10th edition of TICFF is scheduled for April 2022 in Taipei. We are calling for entries for the international competition section with a cash prize of US$25,000 in total for extraordinary productions of dramas, animations and TV/Web programs. We also welcome submissions to our non-competitive section, documentaries.
Submissions to competition will also be considered as candidates for our official selection. As the oldest and biggest children’s film festival in Taiwan, TICFF has established a reputation in film selection. Many films screened in TICFF later got invited by other children’s festivals in Taiwan, or approached by Taiwanese distributors and educators. So this could be a great opportunity for your films to get exposure in Taiwan!
1. Best Dramatic Short
2. Best Dramatic Feature
3. Best Animated Short
4. Best Animated Feature
5. Best TV/Web Program
6. Special Jury Award
7. Taiwan Award
8. Audience Award
Categories 1-7: A cash prize of US$3,500 and a trophy.
Category 8: A trophy.
In the event of a tie, the cash prize will be divided equally between the two winners (this does not apply to “Taiwan Award”).
※ Taiwan Award: This category is designed to showcase and reward the finest works by local filmmakers or production companies for children in Taiwan. Any locally-produced submission from categories 1-5 above is eligible for the competition.
1. Content must be suitable for children at the age of 4-12.
2. Production completion date: Sep. 1, 2019 -Sep. 1, 2021(submission deadline).
Production not completed by the submission deadline will not be accepted as competition entries.
3. Only ONE entry/category for each production. Please choose the one category most appropriate if the production is eligible for two categories or more. Entries selecting inappropriate category will be disqualified without further notice.
To encourage local productions, no entry fee will be charged for films produced in Taiwan. Please submit via www.ticff.org.tw or contact the Festival office if you wish to submit via FilmFreeway.
4. Once a film is nominated, the submitter shall not withdraw from the competition. If the submitter wishes to withdraw, please notify the Festival office by December 31, 2021. A fine will be charged if otherwise, to cover the loss of the Festival.
5. Taiwan International Children’s Film Festival is granted the right to screen the nominated productions (1-3 times during the festival) free of charge and use photo stills, trailer and video excerpts of this film/episode for publicity and promotional use (limited to 10% and up to 3 minutes), across all media platforms.
6. Participants must bear incoming shipping costs to the Festival. TICFF will cover the expense of return shipments. Screening copies will be returned within a month following the festival event. Exceptions will be made under special requests.
7. Nominated productions may be included in TICFF screening tours following the festival, and up until December 31, 2022 as an outreach to disadvantaged ethnic and social groups who lack the means of traveling to Taipei for the event. These screenings will be made free to the public, with no revenues collected by TICFF or by its organizer. The copyright owner of the nominated production should agree upon the charity screenings mentioned above, and sign the Participation Agreement.
8. For complete submission guidelines, please refer to TICFF website: http://www.ticff.org.tw.