Three years ago, the first independent film school was born in Northeast México, with workshops for kids, teens and adults. Our mission is to make filmmaking accessible for everyone regardless age and film equipment.
Nowadays filmmaking is more accessible than ever and we need to exploit all the new platforms and media. We believe that with a great story and the ability to capture it on screen, film equipment is the least of the problems, today we have cameras with great quality at a reasonable price, including smartphones.
This is why TFC International Film Festival is born, we want to promote filmmaking and invite anyone with a film project who wants to share. Our philosophy is: “Make films not excuses”.
TFC International Film Festival will take place at our school facilities where the official selection will be presented along with talks about the evolution of cinematography and filmmaking experiences.
1st Place - Digital certificate.
2nd Place - Digital certificate.
3rd Place - Digital certificate.
Rules & Terms
- Submissions Open -
• Must be innovative and original from 2019 to current year.
• Fees must be paid, no refunds.
• All entries will be prescreened for eligibility by selection committee, not all entries will be programed.
• Must be subtitled in English or Spanish.
• Must include a 50-word synopsis and trailer (If available).
- Submission categories -
• Best Short - must be under 25 minutes.
• Best Micro Short - must be under 5 minutes.
• Best Smartphone Short - must be under 25 minutes.
• Best Feature - must be under 3 hours.
• Projects can be sent in MOV or MP4, YouTube or Vimeo link.
• Submitters will be notified until final deadline.
By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in festival trailers, publicity and promotions.
For questions you can send us an email to: