Tesla film festival is here to bring back a story of great inventor Nikola Tesla and his work and to open new opportunities for the development of science and art so they can express together and establish an international cultural event.
We are filmmakers from around the world organize various presentation, briefings, lectures, art exhibitions and also demonstrations by known authors, scientists and artists.
Main objective is to celebrate cinematic arts and science achievements and to promote authors by giving them opportunities to present their works on Tesla film festival.
On the 160 anniversary day of Nikola Tesla birthday July 10, 2016, films inspired with Nikola Tesla or his work will be present in NY as well in different countries in EU. Festival will show narrative and documentaries, features and shorts with focusing on discovering new concepts and visions for the future.
During the 1st Tesla film festival, The Tesla Science Foundation will award the best films in different categories and also projects that are in the different stages of production. If you want to apply a student film or pitch check at the www.teslafilmfestival.com to not pay the entrance fee.
More about the countries hosting Tesla film festival will be announced in March 2016. Those that apply on the 1st Tesla film festival and are not going to be selected for the 1st Tesla film festival screening have chance to be selected for the 2th Tesla film festival with the same entry form.
We are looking for powerful stories and artists who have courage to take creative risks and who want to share their unique point of view on our world.
Style and structure are completely up to you.
during the first tesla film festival, The Tesla Science Foundation will award a few of the best movies made about Nikola Tesla and those that are dealing with new views on our future in matter of science, education or energy.
Awards are for best movie, best director, best short film, best education film, best vision of future,..
During the 1st tesla film festival, the various category winners will be awarded. Beside TFF awards. The Tesla Science Foundation will award the best films and also other works that can be in the different stages of production.
all films must be submitted via Tesla film festival web page, that is linked to the official submission form regulator that give us professional service to submit your film or script online.
Your movie must be available to watch on the internet platform as Youtube or Vimeo. Url link to your film must be added in the submission, if your movie is put on private option on those two channels for videos., please provide us your password.
For submission of your script please note, that you have to add it into the submission form - Pdf format.
All your information must be truthful and at the end of the submission form you should pay the fee to enter the competition, if you are submitting your script or movie.
For student films and to pitch your project there is no fee required to submit your work at Tesla film festival. Please check the www.teslafilmfestival.com
March 19, 2016 – early entry deadline – USD 20
April 19, 2016 – official entry deadline - USD 30
May 1, 2016 – last deadline entry – USD 40
note: entry fees are in USD and are per film or script and are non-refundable. The festival reserve the right to disqualify a submission without refund or any kind, if eligibility requirements are not met including if eligibility status changes post-submission.
Students do not pay fee for submit their work, but they have to prove that they are students at the time they submit their work to the festival.
How to enter
fill out the submission entry form that you can found it online at http://teslafilmfestival.com/submit/ and make sure you have all the entry materials listed in the submission form.
1. Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time submitted. Dialogue lists will not be accepted.
2. You must fully comply with these entry rules & regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements.
3. The film do not have to be a world premiere and is not limited by the date of release.
4. We will divide films in different sections and categories for films produced in last five years. The retrospective section will also include a large number of already distributed and classic films.
5. You have responsibility to ensure that your online entry form is properly submitted.
6. You will get an email after completed and submitted your online entry form.
7. If by any case you do not get the email for submitting your work online in more than 24 hours please contact TFF on firstname.lastname@example.org
8. You are also responsible to ensure us the right URL – link of your movie in the submission form as well the password.
9. All the physical sent materiel received by the tesla film festival will not be returned and will be destroyed or discarded by the festival.
10. You can submit as many as you wish films to tesla film festival, but each film or script should be submitted by the separate entry submission form for each you pay separated the fee.
11. The same is by student films or pitch, if you have different projects, each project should be submitted by separate entry submission form and there is no fees even if there are more projects you submit under this category.
12. You can submit short films, features, documentaries, animations.
13. You can submit scripts about Nikola Tesla or SF scripts & about science.
14. We do search for films and authors that are different in visual, content, film language etc.
works that will be selected after last dead line May 1, 2016 and will be invited by the festival for those work you have to ensure:
1. You will get email from tesla film festival , if your work is selected.
2. If your work is selected you will have to send us HD quality of your movie, until Jun 20, 2016 to Tesla science foundation on USB.
3. Address of The Tesla Science Foundation: The Tesla Science Foundation, 957 W. King Road, Malvern, PA 19355, USA.
4. You must provide us also all press and publication assets .
5. You must provide at least one (2) DVD copy or downloadable link of the final, completed film, in full resolution , for festival archives and internal purposes.
• awards will be given by The Tesla Science Foundation and by Tesla film festival
• all about specific of the awards, please check under awards on the film festival web page.
For any other information, please contact us via email at email@example.com