Suri Short Film Festival (SsFF) stands for best of world cinemas in the categories of Short Films, Documentaries Films and Music Videos . A platform of SsFF is meant for bringing undiscovered pure talents before a larger audience of the world.
SsFF is an umbrella; it is a conglomeration of niche festivals under one category. We treat the entire event as a visual carnival. The purpose of the festival is to celebrate everything the visual medium of cinema has to offer.
1. BEST FILM
4.BEST MUSIC / BEST SINGER
5.BEST ACTOR MALE
6.BEST ACTOR FEMALE
8. BEST SOCIAL MESSAGE
1. Films must be subtitled in English if language is other than English, Hindi , Bengali.
2. Year of production & accepted movie duration:
Year of production: Jan-2012 onwards
Short Film, Documentaries & Animation: up-to 20 min
Music Videos: 10min
3. The decision of the Jury will be final and can’t be challenged.
4 SsFF-19 stages/process:
• Entry submission as per rules & regulations.
• Notification of shortlisted films by the festival office on 1st September 2020
• Delegate registration to attend SsFF-20. All filmmakers must have registered as delegate to attend the festival. Hospitality charges are applicable for filmmakers & attendees, which include lunch, tea/coffee with cookies.
• Festival movies screening & workshops followed by award ceremony on between September to December 2020 at Suri,West Bengal , India.
5 SURI SHORT FILM FESTIVAL ( SsFF-2020) does not take any type financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant. All Travel, Lodging & Boarding and other miscellaneous expenses will have to be borne by the participant himself for attending the festival. No request for the same will be entertained.
6. Once the film submitted can’t be withdrawn in any circumstances, however festival director reserve the rights to disqualify any film on certain grounds.
7 By submitting movie to Suri Short film festival-2020, filmmaker/producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script and other creative and technical aspects of film.
8. For offline entry,
Filmmakers are requested to submit the following through email at
i. Synopsis of the Film or documentaries
ii. Crew and Cast List.
iii. Biography and Filmography of the Film Director
iv. Photograph of the Film Director
v. Still and posters of the film in JPEG format.
**** film link or DVD