The Sur-REEL & Uncanny Film Fest is a celebration of creativity and the #art of filmmaking. It also celebrates the cinema of the Freudian unconscious. Therefore, surreal, ‘uncanny’, dreamlike or experimental films are encouraged.
Filmmakers and moving image visual artists who are inspired by the works of David Lynch, Stanley Kubrick, Luis Bunuel or Salvador Dali, for example. Or even the theories of Sigmund Freud.
Does your movie have the #uncanny vibe of Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' or the surrealism of Hitchcock and Salvador Dali's 'Spellbound'? Let us be the judge. We will see if you fit our 'surreal and uncanny' criterea.
All video and film formats welcome.
Free (or low) film festival submission for Early Birds and low submission fees of £5 in many categories.
If your film is selected, this film festival offers physical screening in London, UK before an audience.
Narrative shorts, feature films, experimental films and documentaries are all considered.
1) We have a magnificent trophy for BEST FILM winner.
2) GOLD, SILVER & BRONZE Certificate Awards for1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the categories of Best Director, Best Cinematographer, Best Editing, Best Actor, Best Actress. Best Screenplay, Best Visual Effects, Best Make-Up/Costume.
3) There's an 'Uncanny Mention' for outstanding films that aren't placed in the awards.
4) Official Selection Laurels will be given to all selected films.
1. The submitter must own the film rights or have permission to submit.
2. Filmmakers can submit in multiple categories.
3. All films with non-English dialogue must have English subtitles.
4. Selection decisions are solely down to the discretion of the judges.
5. Submitters/filmmakers authorise the festival to use/share publicity materials via our social media platforms.
6. Submitters/filmmakers must accept the Sur-REEL & Uncanny Fest Rules & Terms.