Super Shorts Hackney is a new monthly short film night for lovers of the short film medium in the heart of Hackney, London's vibrant cultural quarter.
Our first event is a Halloween special, where we will be getting the audience in the mood for the scariest night of the year.
We're seeking the best horror and halloween themed films to screen at our Halloween Special screening.
Selected filmmakers will be invited to attend the event in person although this is not a requirement.
This is an in person event at the wonderful 'The Others' venue in stoke Newington, Hackney.
Best Film (audience award - monthly)
Best Film (annual award)
RULES AND TERMS
1) Submission Eligibility:
- Films should be no longer than 35 minutes in duration
- Foreign language films should be subtitled in English (the costs of which are to be covered by the applicant)
- All rights, permissions and clearances must be obtained prior to submission and applicants must ensure that they have the right to submit the work with regard to third parties connected with the production of the film in question. By entering your work, you agree to the submission rules. Super Shorts Hackney assumes no responsibility for violation of copyright law and submission fees will not be refunded.
2) Fees and waivers
- Your fee covers some of the administrative costs associated with managing submissions.
- Please note that submission fees will not be refunded.
- All films must be submitted via a secure online screener through FilmFreeway
- Selection will be carried out by the Super Shorts Hackney programming team. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection process and the decision of the Festival Director is final. We do not to offer individual feedback or enter into any discussion about your work.
- All successful submissions will be notified by the notification date. We will need to reach you around that date so that we can confirm your film's inclusion in the Festival programme.
- All successful submissions will be listed on our website when the full programme is announced.
- We may from time to time delay the screening of a film to the following month's programme due to time limitations. Filmmakers will always be informed where this happens.
- Please do send press materials with your submission.
- Please note that only successful applicants will be notified.
5) Festival Screenings and Scheduling
- All screenings during the Festival period will take place at the discretion of the Festival. We reserve the right to make changes to the advertised schedule at any time for any reason and will not accept liability for any costs incurred as a result of such changes.
- You must not withdraw your film from the Super Shorts Hackney programme after its selection/participation has been confirmed.
- The film must be available to screen in an electronic HD format (H.264 encoding).
- Super Shorts Hackney is not able to cover the costs of any format transfers or subtitling.
- The HD electronic file of selected films must be received by the Festival at least 1 week before the start of the Festival.