The Summer in the South Film Festival welcomes filmmakers and their amazing films as we say goodbye to summer over Labor Day weekend - in the heart of the South - Atlanta, GA. We have an entire weekend packed with independent film screenings, Q&As with the filmmakers, stand-up comedy, live panels with professionals in the film industry, and networking.
Script writers, in addition to submitting your script to the festival we also provide optional script coverage. Script coverage with our festival includes the price of your submission fee. Your work will be analyzed by a Cinema Life filmmaker who’s produced award-winning films, has extensive writing experience, and also understands the indie way of filmmaking.
Best Drama Film
Best Horror Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Dark Comedy Film
Best Science Fiction Film
Best Animated Short Film
Best Music Video
Best International Film
Best Georgia Film
Best Drama Screenplay- Feature
Best Drama Screenplay-Short
Best Comedy Screenplay- Feature
Best Comedy Screenplay- Short
Best Horror Screenplay- Feature
Best Horror Screenplay- Short
Best Thriller Screenplay- Feature
Best Thriller Screenplay- Short
Best Action Screenplay- Feature
Best Action Screenplay- Short
Best Sci-Fi Screenplay- Feature
Best Sci-Fi Screenplay- Short
Best International Screenplay
Best Georgia Screenplay
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
• Please fully fill out your submission profile to avoid hold-ups in the judging process.
• If you submit a Film in process and it gets selected, please notice we expect it to be completed within two weeks after the Notification Date. Otherwise, it will be disqualified. No exceptions. It is every submitter's responsibility to read the Rules and Terms of each Festival before submitting.
• If your film is selected, you are expected to provide a link to download your film so that we can project it at the festival. Only Google Drive and Dropbox are accepted. You can also make your film downloadable on FilmFreeway or Vimeo.
• All films must be under 4GB and 1080HD Max in either MP4 or MOV format.
• We do not accept DCP files.
• We do not screen 720p or SD Files.
• We do not stream from YouTube or Vimeo at the event.
• The Summer in the South Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival and for promotional purposes on our website, newsletter, and social media platforms. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The Summer in the South Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
• The Summer in the South Film Festival DOES NOT offer refunds on submissions.