Suburban Screams Film Festival is brought to you by the Suburban Screams Network, from the people behind Housewife of Horror, and the HSPPA(Horror & SciFi Prop Preservation Association).
We are very excited to bring you a one of a kind Film Festival. All of us involved are incredibly passionate about films, both feature length and short, and want to deliver a wonderful experience for Filmmakers and Fans alike.
The Suburban Screams Film Festival will be held in October of 2021.
*It is important to note that though Progress is being made and an increasing number of people are getting vaccinated, that as the event gets closer and the Directors feel a live event is unsafe/unwise, we will move the Festival to be online, while still making it as satisfying of an experience as we can. We care about you and your health. Everyone who wins an award will be mailed their awards.*
Filmmakers with projects selected will receive two VIP tickets(one for you and one for another person credited on the Film)to attend the Suburban Screams Film Festival, and a Swag Bag.
If you can not be present, your Award will be mailed to you.
No Entry Waivers are given.
Films must be in English, OR have English Subtitles. We are more than happy to show foreign films.
Suburban Screams places no restrictions on when the body of work was created/produced.
If material submitted is in the form of a hard copy, it will not be returned, please do not send original/only copies on DVD/Blu-ray
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree:
1 . I have read, understated and fully comply with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms and Conditions of Entry, and Entry Eligibility requirements.
2 . To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3 . This film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4 . I am duly authorized to submit this film or episode to the festival.
5 . I hold Suburban Screams harmless from any damage to the print(s) or tape(s) en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film or episode.
6 . I hold Suburban Screams, its owners, management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etcetera harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry.
7 . I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work.
8. Once an entry payment has been processed we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed, the account holder may be subject to any fees.
9. I give permission for Suburban Screams to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the short, episode or feature for promotional purposes
10. I give permission for Suburban Screams to screen the film/episode at the 2021 Suburban Screams Film Festival. All future screenings will only be done with filmmakers permission.
11. Entrant's name, address, and the production's title must be on each case or DVD/Blu-ray
12. If a film/episode is invited to participate, the film must be shipped prepaid, insured and packed in proper containers or submitted online per festival request. Details will be provided upon selection.
13.Suburban Screams does not assume any liability for damage to prints due to improper containers.
14. Suburban Screams is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Suburban Screams from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.