Strong Chance Film Festival (SCFF) is the brainchild of female filmmaker, Drica Armstrong. After attending so many festivals Drica wanted to see a change and bring back the element of "Filmmaker First". Far too often the sacrifice of the Filmmaker is forgotten and SCFF wants to celebrates the dedication, hard work, and investment in the future Filmmakers of tomorrow. Regardless of what level the Filmmaker is on SCFF wants to welcome you with open arms and a strong pat on the back for a job well done.
The 4th Annual Strong Chance Film Festival will take place Thursday August 4th- Sunday August 7th, 2022 at the Stuart Cinema and Cafe in Brooklyn, NY. A detailed schedule will be made available prior to the festival.
All Official Selection projects are AUTOMATICALLY nominated for an award in that particular category and will receive a laurel upon notification.
The ONLY award that won't be decided upon by the SCFF Jury is the Audience Choice Award- that award is based upon the support your project has on Screening day.
There are questions that must be answered when you submit project. If the questions doesn't apply to you then it is okay. You can still submit your project.
This year there are 2 NEW contests with CASH prizes:
The Acting Contest will require the participants to submit a taped monologue under 10 minutes. The FINALISTS will perform a monologue in person at the festival in front of a panel of judges for a chance to win $500.
The Pitch Contest will require filmmakers to submit the following items for consideration:
1) Pitch Deck
2) Script OR 2 Page Treatment (ONLY the first 20 pages of the script)
The FINALISTS will pitch their idea to a panel of judges for the chance to win $1,000.
The selected Finalists MUST BE present at the festival in Brooklyn, NY for the chance to win the prize money.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Web Series
Best Student Film
Best of The Fest Award
Audience Choice Award
Pitch Contest Winner
Acting Contest Winner
Submissions MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING RULES:
1. All projects must be completed - no works in progress are being accepted.
2. Deadlines are firm, NO EXCEPTIONS!
3. All foreign films MUST have English subtitles.
4. All films must be made in or after 2020.
5. All Official Selections will receive an Official Laurel and e-mail within 14 days after Notification. Submitters must confirm attendance to the festival within 14 days.
6. ONLY online screeners will be accepted! Poster art is mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site.
7. By submitting your film to our festival you agree that your produced work can be uploaded/embedded on our website and social media pages (trailer is also fine if you don’t want to screen your film).
8. The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film/project must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing. By submitting, the filmmaker indemnify and holds harmless SCFF of any damages, liabilities, losses, and expenses (including any and all legal fees associated with claim/claimant) and allows us to advertise for them without infringing copyright of any kind of form and list them on social media platforms as well as our website.
8. The entry fee is non-refundable.
9. Rules and terms of conditions are subject to change at the SCFF’s discretion.
10. Any digital material sent will not be returned.
11. Must be 18 and older to enter.
12. Premiere status is not applicable.
13. Students under 18 must enter WITH PARENT'S PERMISSION and PROOF will be required.