Strong Chance Film Festival (SCFF) is the brainchild of female filmmaker, Drica Armstrong. After attending so many festivals Drica wanted to see a change and bring true Girl Power to the masses. SCFF is a festival celebrating the amazing accomplishments and pivotal roles of women within a film production. SCFF looks for the best of the best, especially those that take bold risks. Women are making strides daily as we see more and more at the table of opportunity. The overall goal of the festival is to have a great time and network, while giving credit where credit is due.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO SUBMIT!!!
SCFF will take place August 8th-11th, 2019 in Jersey City, NJ.
At the end of the day we are ALL winners because we took the steps to turn our dreams into reality. No step is too small so step with us to greatness!
Films will be recognized in the following manner:
Official Selection- Selected films will be notified by the notification date listed.
Nomination- Nominated films will be notified within a month before festival.
Winners- Winners will be selected at the festival in August 2019.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Web Series
Best New Filmmaker
Submissions MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING RULES:
1. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE A FEMALE IN A PRIMARY PRODUCTION ROLE (Writer/Director/Producer/Editor/Cinematographer/Actress).
2. Deadlines are firm, NO EXCEPTIONS!
3. All foreign films MUST have English subtitles.
4. All films must be made in or after 2015.
5. All Official Selections will receive an Official Laurel and e-mail within 14 days after Notification. Submitters must confirm attendance to the festival within 14 days.
6. Only online screeners will be accepted! Poster art is mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site.
7. By submitting your film to our festival you agree that your produced work can be uploaded/embedded on our website and social media pages (trailer is also fine if you don’t want to screen your film).
8. The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film/project must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing. By submitting, the filmmaker indemnify and holds harmless SCFF of any damages, liabilities, losses, and expenses (including any and all legal fees associated with claim/claimant) and allows us to advertise for them without infringing copyright of any kind of form and list them on social media platforms as well as our website.
8. The entry fee is non-refundable.
9. Rules and terms of conditions are subject to change at the SCFF’s discretion.
10. Any digital material sent will not be returned.
11. Must be 18 and older to enter.
12. Premiere status is not applicable.