The 7th Annual SPOOKY FILM FESTIVAL is back and as a LIVE EVENT at DIABLO VALLEY COLLEGE in THE FORUM, located under the Library!
On THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27th from 6-9 PM we will host a showcase of short films, accompanied by a Q&A with the filmmakers.
FREE to Submit Films and FREE to Attend
CERTIFICATES will be presented to the winner of each category.
The SPOOKY FILM FESTIVAL was created to give filmmakers a place to celebrate their hard work with family, friends, and others who appreciate the art of filmmaking.
Hurry and submit your Spooky film, we are DYING to see it!
In a continued effort to celebrate the filmmakers, CERTIFICATES will be presented to the winner of each category:
* Best Comedic Performance
* Best Dramatic Performance
* Best Directing
* Best Screenwriting
* Best Editing
* Best Sound Design
* Best Cinematography
* Spookiest Film (Best in Festival)
(Certificates will not be mailed at the cost of the festival)
1) Submissions may be no longer than 15 minutes.
2) Any genre of Spooky film will be considered for screening.
3) Submitting a film does not guarantee acceptance into the screening. All submitting filmmakers will be notified of their status by Sunday, October 16th, 2022.
4) Submissions must be suitable for a general audience. No extreme gore or sexual content.
5) FREE to Submit Films and FREE to Attend
6) To enter as a student, the submission must have been created while attending school (college or high school.) It does not need to have been made for a school assignment. The filmmaker can currently be graduated, as long as the film was created while they were a student.
7) To be eligible to win an award, you must live in or near the CA Bay area. If you do not live in the area, your film can screen, but will not be eligible for an award.
8) Filmmakers can submit multiple projects, but only one film per director will be selected to screen. Projects can share producers, cast, or other crew.
9) Certificates will be presented at the screening and will not be mailed at the cost of the festival.
10) The Awards for each category will be voted on by our judges before the event, except for the Audience Choice, which will be chosen by the festival attendees.