The Southern Film Festival seeks to provide an exciting creative platform for filmmakers to have their work screened and judged. Our vision is to encourage filmmakers, both professional and beginning, along the film-making process and catapult them into their full potential.
The festival will screen shorts and features, including narratives, documentaries, and more in both showcase and competition settings.
There will be Q&A's with participating filmmakers which will allow them to fully engage the festival audience.
**A new film festival brought to you by Eric B Wright the founder of the Lanett City Film Festival.
Reviews for his prior festival can be found here:
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Feature Length Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Student Film
People's Choice Award
1. All films must have been completed and submitted by June 15, 2022.
2. Must be able to prove ownership.
3. Films must be submitted via online screener through FilmFreeway.
4. "Feature Films" are classified as films with a total run-time (TRT) of 00:50:00 minutes or more.
5. "Short Films" are classified as films with a total run-time (TRT) between 00:03:00 minutes and 00:45:00 minutes. Films shorter than 00:03:00 will be disqualified. Films longer than 00:45:00 minutes that have been submitted to the Short Film category will be disqualified.
6. Documentaries can be any length of time but typically are 00:60:00 in length.
7. Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the festival.
8. You may submit more than one film, but you must complete two different submissions.
9. By submitting to The Southern Film Festival, you claim to have all necessary film festival rights to display, project and screen your film online or live.
10. Your film must not be available for viewing either online, theatrically, or via television.
It is highly recommended that all films submitted have a trailer. If your film does not have a trailer, please reach out to us to coordinate having one made for you.
By submitting your film, the filmmaker represents that he/she is authorized to submit this film for screening at the 2022 Southern Film Festival. The filmmaker acknowledges that the film may be screened more than once during the festival. The filmmaker(s) grants the Southern Film Festival the non-exclusive right to use submitted materials in connection with any and all publicity and promotional materials regarding the festival. The filmmaker(s) warrants that the submitted film does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any person or entity and agree to hold harmless and fully indemnify and defend the Southern Film Festival and its representatives against any and all claims made for such infringement or any other violations of law.
If the filmmaker(s) does not comply with the deadline to receive the film, the film can be pulled from the festival lineup. Acceptance does not guarantee a juried slot, but the filmmaker(s) will be notified upon acceptance if a juried film in competition or a special screening.
By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.