The South Coast Film Festival is set in the heart of Hastings, East Sussex. The festival will take place at the renowned Electric Palace Cinema, in the old town of Hastings. The festival will enable filmmakers to showcase their work to industry professionals such as Producers, Commissioners, and Directors. In attendance will be winners from the MFF 2019 Cannes amongst others.
The SCFF is the ideal platform to get your film seen by the right people. All films selected to be screened at the SCFF will gain free entry to the after party, a great place to mingle and network.
There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Awards for Short Films, Documentaries, Features and Smart Phone Films. Also, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Newcomer (in any category/role).
Awards will be presented on the last day of the festival by the Mayor of Hastings at a special closing awards ceremony.
Rules and terms:
By submitting your film, you agree that South Coast Film Festival Awards can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purposes.
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
PLEASE READ THE RULES BELOW THOROUGHLY BEFORE SUBMITTING:
You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements
South Coast Film Festival will review films in their entirety. Films will be watched and reviewed by members of the Selection Committee; a professional group of filmmakers, film enthusiasts and critics. Films are scored accordingly.
ALL FILMS THAT MAKE THE FINAL SELECTION ARE REQUIRED TO SEND US A DCP FORMAT OF THEIR FILM TO US VIA WETRANSFER, OR ANY LINK THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD THEIR FILES FROM
1. Entries in foreign languages must come with English subtitles.
2. All entries must have been completed AFTER 2011
3. Any film submitted to the SCFF can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance.
4. Works in progress are accepted.
5. You must own or be given all of the rights to anything you submit to the festival.
6. Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category. But keep in mind the entry fee must be paid for each one.
7. At our discretion, we may choose to transfer a film to the correct category, but only if the appropriate level of submission fee has been paid.
8. A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited, submissions are not guaranteed to be shown. All decisions of the committee are final. Except for the audience award, separate juries select festival winners
9. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified.
10. Winners will be presented with their awards during the SCFF Awards Ceremony, which will take place at the festival on 15-16th August 2020
11. Submissions are NON-refundable. We cannot be held liable for materials which are lost or damaged.
I also acknowledge that the film submission fee does not guarantee acceptance, and no refund will be provided if my film is not selected.
Applicants who do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.