Welcome to the South Asian International Film Festival (SAIFFF) in the heart of Florida! SAIFFF is a celebration of the diverse and rich cinematic heritage of South Asia. This event is a platform that brings together filmmakers, artists, and film enthusiasts to explore, experience, and celebrate the captivating world of South Asian cinema.
Why Attend SAIFFF Florida?
Diverse Films: Discover a captivating selection of films from South Asia that span genres, languages, and cultures. From thought-provoking documentaries to riveting narratives, our film lineup promises to entertain, educate, and inspire.
Cultural Exchange: Immerse yourself in the vibrant cultures of South Asia through the lens of cinema. Our festival is a unique opportunity to explore the traditions, stories, and aesthetics of this fascinating region.
Networking: Connect with industry professionals, filmmakers, and fellow film enthusiasts. SAIFFF Florida is not just a place to watch films but also to engage in meaningful conversations and network with like-minded individuals.
Panel Discussions: Gain insights into the world of filmmaking through our informative panel discussions and Q&A sessions. Learn from established filmmakers, actors, and industry experts.
Awards and Recognition: Celebrate outstanding achievements in South Asian cinema as we present awards to the most talented filmmakers, actors, and creative minds.
Social Events: Enjoy special events and social gatherings that provide the perfect backdrop for networking and building lasting relationships.
Get ready to embark on a cinematic adventure that transcends borders and cultures. We look forward to welcoming you to the South Asian International Film Festival Florida.
Awards & Prizes for the South Asian International Film Festival Florida-
At the South Asian International Film Festival (SAIFFF) Florida, we are committed to recognizing and celebrating exceptional cinematic achievements in South Asian cinema. Our awards and prizes aim to honor the talents and creative minds behind these outstanding films. The following is an overview of the awards and prizes that will be presented at our festival:
• Best Feature Film: This prestigious award recognizes the most outstanding feature film of the festival. The winning film will receive a trophy, certificate, and extensive recognition.
• Best Short Film: This award celebrates the excellence of short filmmaking. The winning short film will be honored with a trophy, certificate, and widespread recognition.
• Best Documentary Film: Documentaries play a crucial role in storytelling and shedding light on important issues. The Best Documentary Film award includes a trophy, certificate, and acknowledgment for the impactful work.
• Best Documentary Short Film: The Best Documentary Film award includes a trophy, certificate, and acknowledgment for the impactful work.
• Best Director: The Best Director award recognizes the vision and skill of a director in bringing a film to life. The winner will receive a trophy, certificate, and accolades for their directorial prowess.
• Best Director Short Film: The winner will receive a trophy, certificate, and accolades for their directorial prowess.
• Best Actor: Exceptional acting performances are essential to the success of a film. The Best Actor award acknowledges the talent and dedication of an actor, with a trophy, certificate, and acclaim.
• Best Actor (Short Film): The Best Actor(Short Film) award acknowledges the talent and dedication of an actor, with a trophy, certificate, and acclaim.
• Best Actress: This award celebrates the exceptional performances by leading actresses. The Best Actress winner will receive a trophy, certificate, and recognition for her outstanding work.
• Best Actress (Short Film): The Best Actress (Short Film) winner will receive a trophy, certificate, and recognition for her outstanding work.
• Best Screenplay: A well-crafted screenplay is the backbone of a great film. The Best Screenplay award recognizes the brilliance of the screenwriter and includes a trophy, certificate, and appreciation for their storytelling skills.
• Best Cinematography: Outstanding cinematography enhances the visual storytelling of a film. The Best Cinematography award honors the artistry of the film's cinematographer with a trophy, certificate, and praise for their visual mastery.
• Best Editing: The Best Editing award acknowledges the skillful editing that contributes to the overall quality of a film. The winner will receive a trophy, certificate, and recognition for their editing expertise.
• Audience Choice Award: Voted on by the festival's attendees, this award goes to the film that resonates most with the audience. The winning film will receive a trophy and certificate, showcasing its popularity among festivalgoers.
• Special Jury Awards: The festival's jury may choose to recognize additional exceptional films or talents with Special Jury Awards. These awards come with a trophy, certificate, and special recognition.
Please note that the specifics of these awards, including the design of the trophies and certificates, may vary from year to year. Our commitment remains the same – to honor and celebrate the remarkable achievements in South Asian cinema and provide a platform for filmmakers to showcase their work to a global audience.
The South Asian International Film Festival (SAIFFF) Florida is dedicated to celebrating the art of cinema from the South Asian region and beyond. To ensure a fair and successful festival, we have established the following rules and terms for filmmakers submitting their work:
• Film Submission Eligibility:
a) Films submitted must have a direct connection to South Asia, which may include films produced in South Asia or films with themes, content, or creatives (directors, actors, writers, etc.) originating from the South Asian region.
b) All Films submitted must have been completed within 2 years of festival date.
c) All Films must present South Asian content, topics, themes or have South Asian heritage within the team (Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Composer, Actor). This clause is not applicable to International and Student Filmmakers.
d) Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Iran and Tibet are included in the classification of ‘South Asian’.
• Submission Categories:
We accept films in various categories, including feature films, short films, and documentaries. Please submit your work to the appropriate category.
• Submission Deadlines:
Submissions must be received by the deadline specified on our FilmFreeway page. Late submissions may not be considered.
• Film Completion Date:
Films submitted must have been completed after a specified date as mentioned in the submission guidelines.
• Submission Format:
Films must be submitted through our preferred platform, which is FilmFreeway. Ensure that the submitted films are in the specified digital format.
• Screening Permissions:
By submitting your film, you grant SAIFFF Florida the right to screen your film during the festival. This includes public and private festival screenings.
• Subtitle Requirements:
Non-English language films must be submitted with English subtitles.
• Multiple Submissions:
You may submit multiple films, but each film requires a separate submission fee.
• Entry Fees:
Entry fees are non-refundable. Please review the fee structure on our FilmFreeway page.
• Selection and Notifications:
Our selection committee will review all submissions, and selected filmmakers will be notified of their film's status. Not all submissions will be accepted.
• Promotional Materials:
If your film is selected, you must provide promotional materials, including high-resolution images, posters, and trailers, for festival promotion.
• Screening Formats:
Filmmakers are responsible for providing the festival with the required screening formats for their films. Details will be communicated upon selection.
• Copyright and Permissions:
Filmmakers are responsible for securing all necessary rights, licenses, and permissions for their films, including music and third-party content.
• Publicity and Promotion:
By participating in the festival, you grant SAIFFF Florida the right to use excerpts, images, and promotional materials from your film for festival marketing and publicity.
• Awards and Prizes:
The decisions of the festival's jury are final. Awards and prizes, as outlined in the festival's awards section, will be presented to winning films and individuals.
• Festival Screenings and Events:
Filmmakers with accepted films may be invited to attend the festival and participate in Q&A sessions and other events.
• Film formats:
Accepted Film formats for theatrically exhibited projects are DCP, mp4 and pro-res. The required exhibition formats for virtually/online exhibited projects will be confirmed by the Festival after invitations have been extended and confirmed. Please check in with the Festival staff before creating your Festival exhibition copy or copies to ensure the format and technical specifications are correct.
• For Episodic Content:
If some but not all of the episodes have been exhibited theatrically or made available via any other public platform, you may only submit episodes that have not been exhibited theatrically or otherwise released to the public. For example, if the first season of your series is available online, you may only submit episodes from a subsequent season that have not been released to the public in any form. All episodic content must play continuously in one single video file for digital upload and do not exceed 10GB in size.
• Revisions and Updates:
SAIFFF Florida reserves the right to update or revise these rules and terms at its discretion.
Submitting your film to the South Asian International Film Festival Florida (SAIFFF) implies your acceptance of these rules and terms. We look forward to celebrating the magic of South Asian cinema with you and showcasing your exceptional work to our audience.