ZEE5, an Indian subscription video on-demand and over-the-top streaming service, run by Zee Entertainment Enterprises along with North American Association of Indian Students (NAAIS) presents the 'South Asian Stories Film Festival.'
It showcases a combination of narrative, animation and documentary short films. The festival provides programming and serves a community of filmmakers of South Asian heritage based in USA with the potential of reaching a wide audience. SASFF offers the Los Angeles community a unique opportunity to learn about South Asia's multi-faceted culture and long history of filmmaking.
Learn more about the advocacy and organizing for the young Indian demographic NAAIS does through our website: www.naais.org
Best Narrative Short- Grand Jury Award
Best Narrative Short- Audience Award
Best Documentary Short- Grand Jury Award
Best Documentary Short- Audience Award
Best Animation Short- Grand Jury Award
Best Animation Short- Audience Award
250$ will be awarded to each winner and the winning films will also screen on Zee5’s app.
The film festival will be held on 15th and 16th January, 2022 in Los Angeles.
- South Asian American filmmakers who have NOT directed a ‘feature film’ that was theatrically released/distributed or distributed on network television, cable television, or streaming service.
- Filmmakers must be a resident in USA or enrolled in a college/university in USA or a valid USA visa holder.
- Student films are also accepted.
Narrative shorts (up to 40 minutes of length)
Documentary shorts (up to 40 minutes of length)
Animation shorts (up to 40 minutes of length)
Terms and conditions-
1. The Applicant is legally authorized to enter the Short in SASFF, and the Short is not subject to any claims or litigation and is not threatened by any claims or litigation.
2. Entries must be 40 minutes or under in length, cannot have premiered before December 2019.
3. SASFF will not review multiple versions of a submitted Film. Only one version of the Film may be submitted.
4. Non-English language shorts must be subtitled in English. For accessibility, English language shorts must have the option of English captioning.
5. To verify SASFF has received your entry, we advise that you check the FilmFreeway status before emailing us with further questions.
6. All films will be notified of their status in November. If your contact information or premiere status changes between entry submission and our notification date, please update your information on FilmFreeway.
7. Entry materials cannot be returned.
8. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials in the Short. The Applicant releases and discharges SASFF, its employees and agents from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising out of or relating to this Short.
9. SASFF reserves the right to use teasers, clips, and images for the promotion of the film.
10. SASFF reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees, any entry which is in violation of the guidelines and participation agreement.