The First Event featuring Italian and International Motion Pictures will take place in Sorrento from January 1st to 6th. The event will highlight outstanding and artistic films from all Italy and all over the world, focusing on projects with a high cultural value.
Sorrento Film & Food Festival is a week of major film premieres and awards ceremonies that will be attended by numerous industry executives, filmmakers and international journalists. In addition, some of the most recognized International talents and Italian artists attend the industry events and get-togethers with their European and American counterparts.
Along and after the Festival, the Academy Scientific Board will bestow the following awards:
Best Short Movie
Best Documentary Feature
1) Sorrento Film & Food Festival will be held physically and online
2) The activities of Sorrento Film Contest 2022 are divided into three sections:
- Italian Talents: A selection of national feature, documentary and short films that were premiered or distributed in movie theatres and/or platform on streaming from January 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022
- Artists from the World: A selection of feature, documentary and short films from all over the world, which were premiered or distributed in movie theatres and/or platform from January 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022.
- The Taste of Cinema: A selection of feature, documentary and short films in which food is the main subject, premiered or distributed in movie theatres and/or platform from January 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022.
3) The work movie has to be "Original" and hasn't competed in any other Local Festival. In addition to the Original movies accepted by the Selection Board, a few Non-Original will be directly chosen as a Special Guest-Competitors of the Festival. In any case, the Organizing Committee will not pay any fees to the rights owners of any movie selected for the competition.
4) The list of films selected will be communicated by email to the participants.
5) Who registers on behalf of the latter is personally responsible for the content of the works they register.
6) The works are exclusively and unquestionably selected by the Scientific Board of Artists' Club Italia Association with the support of international luminaries who are chosen by the Association’s panel and who provide full support to the event.
7) The director, producers, or/and talents of the award-winning films will be invited to present their film to the Festival
8) Italian works that have aroused international interest will be presented to the Scientific Academy and the audience with English subtitles.
9) Foreign films will be presented in their original version and with Italian subtitles.
10) The copies of the selected films to be screened in the theatres must be in DCP format and be received by the General Office of the Festival, in Rome, not later than December 16, 2022, in compliance with the instructions provided by the Planning Department. Any shipping costs of the selected films are charged to the participants. The shipping from, non-EU countries, must be accompanied by the item "no commercial value - for cultural purpose only ". Film copies will be returned to their owners not later than January 30, 2023.
11) The copies of the selected films to be screened in the platforms must be in mov or mp4 file format with .srt file attached containing English or Italian subtitles and be received by the General Office of the Festival by email not later than December 20, 2022, in compliance with the instructions provided by the Planning Department.
12) The Films must be free from any overwriting and/or screening.
13) Together with a copy of the film, the Festival should be received a press book with the technical and artistic information of the film, photos, and trailer, that the Festival can be published on the website and on the social network of the event.
14) A brochure will be published with the general information of the program.
15) The screenings’ calendar and timetable will be made known by the Festival Management not later than December 20, 2022. The Festival organization is not responsible for any changes due to unexpected reasons (climate conditions, technical issues, artists’ attendance at the festival, etc.). The official program will be printed and made available by the Festival Management which will provide information about any unexpected changes on the website www.artistsclubitalia.com
15) All the works will be insured against any type of risk that may cause damage to the copies, including their loss or theft. The insurance policy is entered by Associazione Artists' Club Italia and covers the period during which the properties are in possession of the Festival. In case a copy is lost or damaged, the responsibility of the Festival will be limited to the value of its reprint according to current Italian fees.
16) The works presented in Sorrento will be selected and assessed according to the unquestionable judgment of the Artists' Club Italia Association.
17) The Scientific Board has the competence and right to assess the works and award them.
18) Applications filed with the aim of taking part in the Sorrento Film Contest imply full acceptance of the present regulations.