The Slow Film Festival was founded in 2016 in the village of Mayfield, East Sussex, UK. Every year the festival presents a peculiar and anomalous programme of experimental film relating to, but often deviating from, durational and landscape moving image art. The festival also programmes popup events in galleries and cinemas throughout the UK.
There will be a Jury Choice for best short film and best mid length film.
1. Entries must be original works produced, written and/or directed by the submitting filmmaker.
2 Submission Lengths:
a) Short films must be between 5 and 30 minutes
b) Mid length films must be between 30 and 60 minutes.
3. It is the filmmaker's responsibility to obtain rights, clearances and permissions. Slow Film Festival assumes no responsibility for violation of copyright law.
4. Illegal material is not allowed under any circumstance. The enforcement of this rule will be at the discretion of Slow Film Festival.
5. By submitting to the Slow Film Festival, entrants expressly grant Slow Film Festival the nonexclusive, royalty-free right to publish submitted material and meta material such as (but not limited to) film stills, the title and credits of the film, the director’s name, and excerpts of up to 30 seconds of the film (in single form or as part of a showreel) for advertising and promotional purposes.
a) Slow Film Festival is entitled to show the selected films during the duration of the festival.
b) Slow Film Festival is also entitled to show the selected films in various institutions and cinemas as part of a post-festival tour.
7. Each entry must be accompanied by the following:
a) entry fee
b) submission material
8. Entrants shall indemnify, defend and hold the Festival, its agents and its representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any breach of these representations, or arising out of any matter contained in the media or otherwise by the Festival's use of the media.
9. Entries may be disqualified for the following reasons:
a) inappropriate material
b) incomplete application materials and documentation
c) submissions on unacceptable media
d) no application fee enclosed with the entry.
In the case of disqualification, an attempt will be made by the festival staff to contact the entrant. This will allow an opportunity for the disqualification to be remedied.
10. In case of questions, disputes or misunderstandings the decisions of the Festival Committee are final.