Sin City Horror Fest was founded in 2016 by friends and fellow filmmakers Mike Lenzini, Drew Marvick, Darren Flores, Justin Bergonzoni, and Clay Lake. The quintet have a passion for film and the horror genre and wanted to create an outlet for independent horror filmmakers to showcase and celebrate their work.
2020 Award Winners!
Best Feature - Sister Tempest
Best Director - Joe Badon, Sister Tempest
Best Screenplay - Jeff Wedding, Tennessee Gothic
Best Cinematography - Eric Stanze, Tennessee Gothic
Best Editing - Joseph Estrade, Sister Tempest
Best Actor - Simon Phillips, The Nights Before Christmas
Best Actress - Cordula Zielonka, Marlene
Best Special FX - The Curse of Valburga
Best Score - Greg Bennett, Tennessee Gothic
Best Sound Design -Jeff Wedding, Tennessee Gothic
Best Kill - Table Scene, The Curse of Valburga
Best Killer - Artik
Best Short - Malakout
Best Director - Presley Paras, Buffalo & Trout
Best Screenplay - Samuel Gonzalez Jr., The Springfield Three
Best Cinematography - Tom Meredith, The History of Monsters
Best Editing - Ryan Buckley, Possessions
Best Actor - John Ennis, This Is Not Acting, This Is Hell
Best Actress - Christine Woods, Possessions
Best Special FX - Rachel Wagner, $trip
Best Score - Tonya Ballman, Night of the Witch
Best Sound Design - Soroush Abedi, Malakout
Best Kill - Face Peel, Sonrisas
Best Killer - Eyeball Monster, Backward Creep
- SIN CITY HORROR FEST is open to all short and feature films that fall under the horror genre.
- All entries must be submitted via Private Link through FilmFreeway for review purposes.
- Must own all rights to the work that you're submitting or have permission which you must show proof of.
- The main contact submitting must be authorized to do so and must have permission from any sales agents or distributors involved.
- When completing the submission process you agree to have the necessary rights for screening the film at SIN CITY HORROR FEST.
- Submissions fees are non-refundable and final.
- Foreign language films are welcomed however, we must insist that non-English dialogue movies be subtitled in English. We prefer not to have them dubbed.
- Only one film per entry however, you may submit as many films and shorts as you want.
- There are NO Specified Dates required for Production.
- Entrants will permit Sin City Horror Fest to use the title of the work submitted, log-line, names, contact information and/ or likeness & publicity stills in pre & post publicity & promotional efforts.
- Please let us know if the screening will be a Premiere of any kind. World/ US/ Nevada/ etc.
-Dates for the festival are subject to change