Short Cut NYC International Cinemafest is a short film festival. Born with the goal to support and help current upcoming filmmakers using the internet as a connection to the world and at the same time breaking distribution barriers. We also embrace an online community of film lovers and filmmakers. At Short Cut audience and judges will be able to evaluate, comment and share about your film, building followers for your film project. Closing with a 2 day live event in 2018 in NYC
Best Live Action Short
Best Animation Short
Best Music Video
Best Experimental Short
Best Fashion Short
Best Student Short
Jury Special Prize
*Winners will receive a One year free membership with itpitch.tv
*Finalist will receive a 3 month free subscription with itpitch.tv
*Winners will receive 3 Hour Adobe Software online class of from Post production Classes at www.postproductionclasses.com
RULES AND TERMS
1. The following categories will be part of the showcase:
• Live Action
• Music Video
2. Submission requirements:
• Short film maximum duration is 20 minutes.
• All films must be subtitled in English.
• Format: Digital 1920x1080 or 1280x 720.
• Send a Poster of your film and one still picture of the short film. It is important that they both have resolution quality to avoid pixelation.
• Only digital files will be accepted. Video file must be QuickTime (.mp4 codec H.264). *Shorts in low resolution will not be considered.
3. There will be no restrictions as to themes or subjects and the maximum length will be twenty (20) minutes, including credits.
4. Films must be no older than 3 years.
5. Shorts must have English subtitles (except those in English or without lines).
6. Short films must be submitted by the Director, Producer or Scriptwriter or by the person or organization with the legal rights over the film. Evidence of intellectual ownership shall be submitted in writing. In those cases in which the short film is submitted by a person or entity other than the Director, this person or entity will have to submit official proof that has been authorized by the Director.
By accepting to enter to this contest the participant declares that he/she/they/it has the authority and the legal capacity to participate in Short Cut NYC International Cinemafest and that this participation does not violate the legal rights of any person or entity. Furthermore, they agree to compensate, protect and hold harmless Short Cut NYC International Cinemafest , its employees, officers and directors and concessionaires, exempt of any and all responsibility, loss, damages or attorney’s fees, that may arise or be related to any claim as a result of neglect, error, omission or criminal/civil act in which the participant may be a part, including, but without limitations, to intellectual or other rights.
The organizers could use additional submission methods to expedite and facilitate the process.
7. With the above mentioned information, a recent photo (still) of the Director and a photogram taken from the short, both in high definition, shall be sent with its proper authorization to be published without restrictions.
8. Submission period begins April, 26, 2017 and ends August, 30, 2017 .The festival will be celebrated in April, 2018.
9. All works submitted to Short Cut NYC International Cinemafest Fest 2017 will be included in the permanent archives of Short Cut NYC International Cinemafest. The mere participation in the contest constitute a valid legal authorization that entitles Short Cut NYC International Cinemafest to exhibit the competing short films, without limitations, in any media present or future and at any place in the world, provided due credit is given to the authors.
10. Participants will be informed of the results of the competition through the Short Cut NYC International Cinemafest website www.shortcutfilmfest.com or any other page/site created for that purpose, and announcements in the local and international press and by email.