Welcome to the Sevilla Film Awards
We are dedicated to international films, projects, scripts and ideas of all genres. Sevilla Film Awards has a three-monthly and annual structure. Our main goal is to showcase their brilliant projects in the beautiful city of Sevilla for a diverse audience of cinephiles. It is a world-class event committed to present the best of this beautiful art called 'Cinema' and dedicated to all generations of filmmakers. First of all, through screenings, a team of professional screeners will evaluate all the submitted projects during each season. All the highest scored films will be reviewed by at least three judges who will decide the best of each season. All the winners will receive the Official Laurels and the winning-category certificate for each season. We will announce the winners of each season through our social media.
The mission of Sevilla Film Awards is to celebrate the independent motion picture and literary arts by providing a platform for artists, international filmmakers and writers to have their film projects recognized, promoted, evaluated and awarded.
Our team will take care of your project since your submission and your work will be evaluated by award winning professionals from the film industry, music industry and other artistic & cultural fields, who have no relations to the films in competition.
All Official Selections, Nominees & Winners will receive Official Laurels. All Finalists, Nominees & Winners will be listed on our website and on our social networks.
Edition award winners will also receive a digital Official Certificate
Best short film
Best first time filmmaker short
Best student short
Best experimental film
Best covid film
Best music video
Best web series
Best women empowerment short
Best human rights‘ film
Best lgbtq project
Best female director
Best male director
Best original screenwriting
Best unproduced script
Best sound design
Best original score
Best production design
Best make up
* BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR FILM PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS * ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE *
- In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
- The Sevilla Film Awards relationship will exclusively be related to the film submitter.
- Any Foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
- You always retain 100% of all rights to your intellectual property.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
- The Sevilla Film Awards can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate.
- Filmmakers can submit the film in multiple categories in order to become a multi-award film. Still, the decision about the selection is strictly determined by our judges' team and no selection is guaranteed.
- The applicants (submitters) must accept The Sevilla Film Awards Rules and Terms.
All submissions in personal categories require the name of the person you are registering to the category. You can easily send us this information in the cover letter at the FilmFreeway website, otherwise, your film could be disqualified from that specific category.
- Submitting your movie, you authorize The Sevilla Film Awards to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills on our social media. (but we do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film or project)
- We do not require premiere status.
- Submissions DO NOT guarantee selection.
- We highly suggest adding a cover letter on your submission.
- If a feedback option is selected, the entry will be judged and the submission status will be updated (From Undecided to Selected) within the next 72 hrs after your full submission. Note that this is not a writing review service.
If no main category is selected in the expedited feedback option, automatically the entry cannot be considered.
The full submission is a main category or more selected in your entry. The feedback is an additional option to get notified if your project is worthy of being included in our Official Selection within 72 hours from the time we receive your full submission.
All films must be submitted in at least one main category and may also be submitted with the feedback option.
* Films submitted with the feedback option without at least one main category will be disqualified with no refund.
All our main categories are listed underneath the feedback option.
Note: any DISCOUNT CODES ARE NOT VALID for the purchase of the Magazine items at “FilmFreeway”. DISCOUNTS CODES ARE VALID, ONLY for submitting films at the festival. Remember that payments are not refundable**
- Winning categories vary every month depending on the submissions we receive. If we think the categories submitted are not to a standard of The Sevilla Film Awards win, they will be removed.
- If the project is "Selected" to be included in our festival, it will be sent to the review sessions that are the next stage to know whether or not they will be considered as part of the official selection of the edition. If the project does not advance at this stage, the Judging Status cannot be upgraded to "Nominee" to be part of the Official Announcement.
The Competition reserves the right to refuse entries and the Jury can remove a movie from the competition at any time. Entry fees are non-refundable. The individual or corporation submitting the film/script hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for possible screening (private and/or public) and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Sevilla Film Awards, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss or damage of the screening videos entered.
The festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time if there is any question of ownership, copyright infringement, or any sign of disrespect (in any form of media) to the festival or its representatives. When a project is submitted without a poster, trailer, credits or sometimes without any of the aforementioned topics, the judges take points off the final rating.
You cannot cancel your participation in the competition after the announcement of the official selection.
All our official communications must be through email. It is not possible for us to respond to messages through social media platforms, due to the large number of requests we have on them.
If the committee thinks the categories submitted are not to the standard of the competition, they will be removed. If the film has potential, it can be assigned to another category under the criteria of the Jury and Programmers.
The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our Committee and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
Festival dates & times may be subject to delay or change without notice. Please check our FilmFreeway page for deadlines and any other updates.
No work or artist will be either discriminated or favored by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, ideology, sexual orientation, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be considered with no censorship of any kind.
It is The Sevilla Film Awards policy not to offer comments and reasons for films not selected, results and/or decisions for the program.
All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by the film contest, without notice. By submitting your film/script, you acknowledge you have read, understood and accepted all rules, regulations & conditions above.