The Seattle Film Summit is going hybrid in 2021 from Sept. 3-11 with online sessions and an in-person event on Sept. 11 at the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington At Seattle's Southport. Visit the website www.seattlefilmsummit.com for more information and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Both virtual and limited in-person tickets to the Summit are available now!
We're offering filmmakers from around the world the chance to showcase their films or scripts at the Summit —at an excellent submission price. You’ll have the potential to screen in front of a global audience we've been cultivating for years.
We are currently accepting short scripts of 10 pages or less.
Prizes include online table reads for the top 6 scripts.
Sponsored by the Northwest Screenwriters Guild. www.nwsg.org
FEATURE AND PILOT SCRIPTS
Submissions for feature screenplays and pilot scripts will now go through Bigfoot Script Challenge. https://filmfreeway.com/BigfootScriptChallenge
Features must be between 85 – 120 pages, and pilots must be between 25 – 35 pages for half-hour shows and 50 – 65 pages for hour-long shows. No short form or digital content will be accepted at this time.
The winners of the Bigfoot Script Challenge will be honored at the Seattle Film Summit in September 2021. The prizes include cash, fellowships, two online and one in-person table read at the Summit.
ABOUT THE SEATTLE FILM SUMMIT
The Seattle Film Summit empowers storytellers to develop innovative methods of storytelling, funding, and distribution to shape a new, socially responsible motion picture industry.
Serving digital creatives in the Pacific Northwest (PNW) U.S. and beyond, the Seattle Film Summit is the only workforce development opportunity like it in the PNW. Writers, directors, producers, and actors have the opportunity to meet distributors, acquisition executives, talent agents, attorneys, festival directors, and others who provide services to the motion picture industry—to learn from and connect with them.
The Seattle Film Summit’s premier event is a series of films, interactive events, educational panels, and workshops focused on connecting our industry to L.A., New York, and the world.
"There’s no one path, and there is no final ‘there.’ I try to remember that because it’s very easy to get swept up into the kind of Hollywood story of what it means to be a success or what it means to be successful". — Netflix Atypical Executive Producer Mary Rohlich, Seattle Film Summit 2018 Panelist.
The Seattle Film Summit is here for the new age of filmmaking. Now more than ever, the Summit's online space presents new paths for our creative economy to access people, resources, and opportunities that didn't exist before. Please join us and let us help you find your new path forward to your project's success.
Film Festival Awards
All Seattle Film Summit (SFS) selections will be screened in front of an international virtual audience.
Films are selected by a qualified panel of judges. Programming committee decisions are final.
Best Picture - Feature
This award will be given to a filmmaker showing considerable vision, a unique voice, and a promising future. The film must also be without US distribution at the time of selection. A cash prize of $500 will be awarded to the winner.
Best Picture - Short
This award will be given to a filmmaker whose short shows considerable vision, a unique voice, and a promising future. The film must also be without US distribution at the time of selection. A cash prize of $200 will be awarded to the winner.
Laurels for audience favorite short, feature and student films.
Short Script Awards
The top 6 scripts will be read by local actors on the virtual platform at the Summit with an audience of attendees, producers and distributors. Winning screenwriters will also receive a year membership to the Northwest Screenwriters Guild (www.nwsg.org).
Thank you for submitting your work to the Seattle Film Summit. These rules and guidelines will help ensure your submission is handled properly.
- Entrants must be 18 year of age or older.
- Our typical business hours are Mon-Sun, 8am to 9pm Pacific Time. Majority of communications such as, phone calls, emails, or computer chats must happen within this time period. Please be vigilant in responding to communication because we may request time sensitive material from you. Exceptions can be made with prior arrangements.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
FEATURE FILMS AND SHORT FILM SUBMISSION RULES
- Non-English films are accepted but must have English subtitles attached properly to the film to be screened.
- You must own the rights to your film, including the music. You must also have permission from everyone appearing in your film.
Please note that by submitting your film you agree to the following:
• Seattle Film Summit may use parts of your film for promotional purposes, including trailers, scenes, still photographs, etc.
• We do not accept X-Rated material or extremist propaganda material.
SCREENPLAY COMPETITION RULES
- Screenplay submissions must be in standard screenplay format and written in English.
- Accepting scripts for shorts only.
- Scripts must be the original work of the submitting writer.
- Scripts that have been sold, produced, or are currently under option are not eligible.
- Feedback is not provided.
- Winning scripts will receive an online table read. Entrance into the competition implies writer's consent and availability to participate in the read.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Project"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Project's submittal to the Seattle Film Summit ("SFS" or "Summit") for consideration for SFS:
2. I hereby represent and warrant to SFS that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Project, to exhibit this Project at SFS, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Project is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Project at SFS will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Project does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Project in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that SFS's presentation of the Project does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between SFS and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at SFS may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against SFS because of SFS's selection of the Project. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Project by SFS does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by SFS of the content of the Project or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless SFS and any affiliates, subsidiaries and parent entities of SFS, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Project or SFS's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Company or SFS.
6. In the event that the Project is accepted into the official program, myself and all other parties involved with the Project agree that the Project will not associate with nor receive support from corporations during or related to the Project's participation in SFS that are not official sponsors or supporters of SFS without prior written consent. Methods of support include: hosting a dinner, party or junket for or in conjunction with the Project, providing media space for roundtable or one-on-one interviews, etc. SFS is an organization that relies on the funding of our official sponsors and supporters to produce SFS. For an official list of sponsors and supporters, please refer to the contributors list at www.seattlefilmsummit.com. If you have been approached by a company or corporation that does not appear on this list, they are NOT officially aligned with SFS.
7. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to SFS and its related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Project for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Project and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director, creator, and producer(s) of the Project and grant SFS the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring SFS events at its discretion.
8. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Project and the SFS will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Washington and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Renton in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
9. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a project to SFS.
10. By clicking "I Agree" below, or by submitting a film, screenplay, or creative concept to SFS, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by SFS.