Deaf Spotlight is excited to host the fifth Seattle Deaf Film Festival (SDFF) in Seattle, WA from April 3-5, 2020. We believe in cultivating a vibrant community of emerging and experienced Deaf filmmakers, actors, and producers; and welcome any film makers from the Deaf community to participate. The event will take place at Northwest Film Forum. During this three-day festival, you will have opportunities to see various short and feature films by members of your own community! More details are coming soon. Please check our website frequently.
To enter your film in the festival, please read the film criteria guidelines to learn about how to submit your film to be considered for the festival. Online film submissions are strongly encouraged. For further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: SDFF 2020 FILM SUBMISSION. Thank you!
If postmarking physical media (DVDs) for submission review after submitting forms online, be sure to include the tracking ID provided by the online form with the media (DVD) so we can find the appropriate submission online.
Best of (per Genre) Award
Short and Feature films within the following five genres: Documentary, Drama, Thriller/Action, Comedy, or Other are accepted for possible consideration. If you are unsure if your film fits one of these categories or wish to request an exemption, please contact email@example.com.
All films MUST be subtitled in English.
Please complete the official entry form for each film submitted.
Films will be considered for possible inclusion in SDFF 2020 if it meets all of the following criteria:
- Fits under one or more genres allowed by the festival
- Has not been shown at SDFF before
- By, for, and about the Deaf community
-Submissions are to be postmarked by November 30, 2019.
Please do not submit films with product placements that are not germane to the story, these will be automatically disqualified.
The festival exhibition format is DVD and online submission.
The film lender declares that she/he has the rights to the film now entered and commits to refrain from withdrawing the film from the Festival. The lender further commits to and agrees with the following:
- The number of screenings, days and venue are at the sole discretion of SDFF.
- Acceptance of this film for the Festival does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent or production crew.
- SDFF reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
- DVDs submitted will not be returned, regardless of acceptance into SDFF 2020.
- If accepted, the filmmaker or agent must submit the summary, photos, and trailers (if available) for SDFF marketing purposes by February 29, 2020. We reserve the right to edit your summary for grammar, clarity, and brevity. We will try our best to inform you of the changes for your approval ahead of time.
- You confirm that your film has not been shown at SDFF before.
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, notification that your entry has been received, and notification of results. These fees may be paid by online, check, money order, or cashier's check, made payable to Deaf Spotlight. If your submission has been completed online, the submission fee does not need to be included in the mailing of the submission for selection.
The SDFF Film Selection Committee selects the films for public presentation at the Seattle Deaf Film Festival. If a film is selected for screening, SDFF will notify the entrant by email by end of January 2020.