Seaside Sustainability Film Festival is dedicated to showcasing aspiring and professional filmmakers who are making a difference with sustainably minded projects. Seaside focuses on climate change, marine health, ocean plastic clean up, recycling, up-cycling, composting, sustainability education and sustainable living.
Seaside will host a virtual screening and the winners in each category will be announced at the virtual event. The festival winner will be screened at the live event on October 14, 2022 at Shalin Liu Performance Center in Rockport, MA. The winning filmmakers will be invited to attend the event.
Seaside Sustainability is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Gloucester, MA. USA
The festival winner will receive a $100 cash prize, as well as VIP tickets to the screening.
Official Selection and Winner Laurels will be awarded for the following categories.
Best Student Film
Best Under 18 Film
Best Local Film
Best Community Film
Best Ocean Film
Best Plastic Film
- Films can be shorts, features or documentaries.
- Minimum length of 60 seconds and maximum length of 150 minutes, excluding credits
- For Mass Filmmaker Entry: At least one member of the production crew must be currently residing within 100 miles of Gloucester, MA to qualify for the Mass. Filmmaker category.
- No more than 60% of the footage may be archival
- Films must be completed by August 15, 2022. Works in progress will not be considered.
- Films must be related to sustainability, climate change, recycling, marine health, plastic reduction/clean up, community, education and/or other environmental issues to be considered.
- Submissions that are under copyright or contract that disallows public performance may not be submitted. All submissions will be evaluated for appropriate public content - Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, permits necessary to present their work. Seaside Sustainability is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
- One film per entry fee. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entrants give permission to Seaside Sustainability to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the submission for promotional purposes. By submitting a piece, the filmmaker acknowledges that the work may be publicly shown and waives any performance fees or royalties. Portions of the films may also be used with full credit given in promotion of the event before or afterwards, unless expressed in writing to not use the footage.
- Films submitted must be available in English or in the original language with legible English subtitles.
- Initial submissions may be submitted as online digital links, hard copies will not be considered.
- Films which have already premiered will be considered.
- Prizes will be awarded at the virtual festival screening.