For the sixth year in a row, ScreenDance festival is calling for submissions for our program April 23th - 29th in Stockholm and in our one year touring programs in Sweden and abroad during 2018-2019. The festival presents a wide range of outstanding dance films as well as parallell activities like school projects, professional workshops, screenings, panels and talks during the year.
We believe in quality and therefore carefully curate our program to offer the best possible experience to all generations.
ScreenDance Festival takes place on April with a whole week dedicated to screenings and other events. For further information go to: http://www.screendancefestival.com
ScreenDance Festival presents the festival at Dansmuseet, the world’s first museum of dance and movement, situated in the heart of Stockholm (Drottninggatan 17) where many dance enthusiasts have had the chance to visit the museum’s beautiful exhibitions as well as the festival’s screenings.
We are inviting all the International and all the Swedish artists of any dance style to make a submission.
ScreenDance Festival Swedish Award will be selected by a jury.
More information coming soon!
ScreenDance Festival invites filmmakers, choreographers, dancers and other artists to submit their screen dance. It will be showcased during the festival 2018 and the touring program 2018-2019 in Sweden and abroad.
Application Guidelines of the dance film categories:
International Selection - entry fee 40 USD per entry
Swedish Selection - no entry fee
1-Minute Selection (new) - no entry fee
Gif.Dance Selection (new) - no entry fee
• Apply from the 1st of October.
• Participants must be 18 years old to apply.
• Films must have a production date of 2015 or later and don´t be send before to the festival.
• Length of the work for International and Swedish categories must not exceed 15 min.
• Subtitles in English should be available by the time of the screenings if this is applicable.
• Each artist can only submit two works. An entry form for each work must be submitted.
• The material that do not meet the criterias for screening will not be taken in consideration.
• The artists will be notified by email.
• The participants confirm and guarantee to hold all the copyrights such as music, text, fotos as well as the authorization of the performers, artists and the crew involve in this whole work to apply to the Open Call and the festival and the touring program 2019-2020. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ScreenDance Festival and its representatives from any and all claims, actions and judgments, including all costs of defense and
attorney´s fees against any third-party.
• ScreenDance Festival has the permission to use the material during public screenings activities, online platforms and screening tours in Sweden and abroad during 2019 and part of 2020. The Festival has the right to use any submitted material for promotional purposes and archival research.
• All entry applications submitted in this plattform will automatically authorize ScreenDance Festival to use and edit these submitted videos, text, stills and their related elements for promotional purposes at no cost.
• Submitted material must not contain obscene, unlawful or objectionable material. The organisers will reserve the right to refuse any entry.
• Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of this Rules and Terms.
International Selection, Swedish Selection and 1-Minute Selection
• Selected entries are required to provide after selected a high resolution copy of the screenings encoded in .mp4 or .mov files
VIDEO: High Profile H.264, 1920 x 1080, 16:9.
AUDIO: 16-bit, Stereo, 48000 Hz.
• Include at least two still photo(s) size 1600 pixels wide with your submission. (Please give photo credit)
Gif.Dance must be submitted on any digital platform like Tumblr, Giphy, personal website or other.
All works should be submitted through FilmFreeway https://filmfreeway.com/festival/ScreenDanceFestival.
Incomplete applications may invalidate submissions.